17 (43.6%)
France
18 (46.2%)
Heideger Jaronische Reich
4 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Maladict

Martinus

France. England had no just cause, and in any case it was mistake for it to be so involved in the continent.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 27, 2016, 07:24:57 PM
I was thinking about a who root for poll on the War of the Roses, but at this point I can't see anyone voting for the Yorkists.

WTF dude. Troll some other board.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Archy

Josquius

France does suck.
But "english" victory in the 100yw means yet more centuries under the french heel.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Early in the conflict a quick and decisive "English" victory means England gets Frenchified in the long run, The Tyr horror scenario.  :P After all, French, the Anglo-Norman variety, was most used at the court. The Pleading in English Act came in 1362, with English becoming the official language of government later on.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Joan of Arc rocks. If you can get Gilles de Rais to follow you, you can get anyone.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Oexmelin

Quote from: grumbler on August 27, 2016, 08:49:15 PM
The war's actual outcome was about as positive for future development as we could have hoped for, so that's what i "root for."  A long-term English crown presence in France would have delayed or even stopped the development of the system of common law and devolved powers that made England (and later, Britain) the cockpit of democracy, liberalism, and market capitalism.  A longer stay on the continent would have reinforced absolutism and sucked the economy dry of money to pay for wars.

This relies on the tautology that things have unfolded the way they did because they unfolded the way they did. "Absolutist" France did not develop in a linear fashion.
Que le grand cric me croque !

celedhring

Valmy

Quote from: Oexmelin on August 28, 2016, 12:51:33 PM
This relies on the tautology that things have unfolded the way they did because they unfolded the way they did. "Absolutist" France did not develop in a linear fashion.

Yeah France was much less centralized and much less absolutist than England. After all it was French nobles and their traditions of autonomy that led to Magna Carta anyway. Simon de Montfort anybody?

It was the Hundred Years War that changed that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on August 28, 2016, 10:42:23 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on August 28, 2016, 08:39:50 AM
<_<

I'm a crazed girl who preys on desperate men.

Any teenage peasant girl in the Middle Ages who manages to prey on full grown noblemen is pretty awesome in my book.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."