Shots fired in Munich mall - possibly several dead and injured

Started by Malicious Intent, July 22, 2016, 12:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 22, 2016, 07:57:14 PM
Best put it into the "nothing to do with islam" file.
Iranian is very, very odd assuming he's Shia. And the shooting himself is odd for other Islamist attacks.

That video exchange, translated for non-German speakers:
QuoteMan on the balcony: "You fucking asshole you."

Alleged shooter: "Because of you I was bullied for seven years ..."

Man: "You cunt you. You're a cunt."

Shooter: "... And now I have to buy a gun to shoot you."

Man: "A gun? Fuck off – your head isn't on right."

Shooter and man on balcony shouting at each other, inaudible

Man apparently to people filming: "He's got a gun, here, the guy has one."

Unknown speaker: "Shit/fucking Turks!"

Man: "Shit/fucking foreigners!"

Man to someone else: "He's got a gun. He has loaded his gun. Get the cops here."

Shooter: "I am German."

Man: "You're a cunt is what you are."

Shooter: "Stop filming."

Man: "A cunt is what you are, what the fuck are you doing?"

Shooter: "Yeah what, I was born here."

Man: "Yeah and what the fuck you think you're doing?"

Shooter: "I grew up here in the Hartz IV (unemployment benefits in Germany) area."

Man and shooter talk at same time, inaudible

Shooter: "I haven't done anything here for [inaudible].

Just shut your fucking face man"

Man: "You cunt you."

Man away from shooter: "Hey, he's on the upper floor here, [inaudible]"

Man goes into cover, shooter starts firing and man shouts something at him about "shooting here"

Shooter: "Yeah, that's where you're right. Yeah you're right with that. Yeah you're right."
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

I would imagine that the Hartz reforms are much loathed by many people. It is a possibility that some sense of entitlement to better treatment may have inspired him rather than Islamism. Not a particularly cheering thought when I reflect on the vast number of impoverished Muslims living in towns like Burnley and Blackburn.

Sheilbh

I've no idea. It all seems fairly odd. Off the top of my head the last Shia act of terrorism in the Wet that I can think of was Hezbollah in Beirut.

Security services have said they had no prior knowledge of him and he's apparently received psychiatric treatment in the past. It could be that that "Because of you I was bullied for seven years ..." is an important line.
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

QuoteMunich Police: Attacker was local teenager, suffered from depression, likely 'deranged,' had no links with 'IS,' had books on mass rampage

Richard Hakluyt

The Daily Mail, has some good coverage and speculation about the events :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3704549/Munich-s-young-victims-Grieving-father-holds-poignant-photograph-teenage-son-NINE-murdered-McDonald-s-massacre.html

The victims, perhaps unsurprisingly for downtown Munich, seem to have come from all over.

The Brain

Wah! Wah! I was bullied!

Only thing worse than fake teenagers: real teenagers.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Interestingly Al Qaeda and ISIS backing bits of the Internet were quite excited about this attack and then went very quiet about it as soon as it came out that he's of Iranian descent.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 23, 2016, 05:04:55 AM
I would imagine that the Hartz reforms are much loathed by many people. It is a possibility that some sense of entitlement to better treatment may have inspired him rather than Islamism. Not a particularly cheering thought when I reflect on the vast number of impoverished Muslims living in towns like Burnley and Blackburn.

There is  no excuse for what this asshat did, but based on my direct experiences and stories I have heard from people there I would NOT want to grow up as a brown-skinned kid in Bavaria.

Richard Hakluyt

It is possible that Munich is an exception, like Vienna in Austria, but that region has always impressed me with its racism; very different to North-Rhine Westphalia or Lower Saxony.

Maladict

They don't call Bavaria the Texas of Germany for nothing.  :P

Legbiter

With each one of these random and inscrutably motivated attacks, the mystery of what is happening in Europe deepens.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Hamilcar

Quote from: The Brain on July 23, 2016, 05:44:09 AM
Wah! Wah! I was bullied!

Only thing worse than fake teenagers: real teenagers.

Ban teenagers.

Sheilbh

Seven of the victims were teenagers: three from Kosovo, three from Turkey, one from Greece.

It's very odd. The attacker had Germany translations of books on school shootings as well.

And he apparently set up a fake Facebook account saying there was a promo deal at McDonald's so there'd be more people there :(
Let's bomb Russia!

LaCroix

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 23, 2016, 04:52:09 AM
Iranian is very, very odd assuming he's Shia. And the shooting himself is odd for other Islamist attacks.

There are quite a few Iranians who are Sunni, some concentrated in the SW Iran, Khuzestan. Hence the Iranian embassy seige, though maybe the core of that was Arab minority politics, Saddam's machinations and not necessarily Sunni driven? 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"