Shots fired in Munich mall - possibly several dead and injured

Started by Malicious Intent, July 22, 2016, 12:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Sounds like a crazy person, probably at least inspired by Breivik.

CountDeMoney

So with the Iranian and brown skin thingy, is everyone over there going to pin this on "self-radicalized Islamic-inspired terrorism" anyway, like they did with San Bernardino and Orlando here?

Zanza

No, not this time. Looks like he was inspired by other amok runs like Breiviks. Motive is unclear, probably just deranged personality. Most likely no connection to Islamism.

Legbiter

He did strike on the 5 year anniversary of Breivik's mass killing while yelling Aloha Snackbar.  :hmm:

So the compromise view would be that he was a right-wing xenophobic Islamist terrorist who lacked a political motive & was simply crazy.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Sheilbh

Quote from: 11B4V on July 23, 2016, 03:03:23 PM
Quote from: Tyr on July 23, 2016, 03:02:12 PM
How the hell did this guy get a gun?

Really?
Yeah. How did an 18 year old with a history of depression get his hands on one? :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Malicious Intent

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 23, 2016, 03:12:33 PM
Yeah. How did an 18 year old with a history of depression get his hands on one? :mellow:

He had no license for gun handling and the Glock in question had it's serial number filed off, so he certainly did not get it via regular channels. Getting 400+ rounds of ammo can't have been easy either.

Martim Silva

Quote from: Malicious Intent on July 23, 2016, 04:11:25 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on July 23, 2016, 03:12:33 PM

He had no license for gun handling and the Glock in question had it's serial number filed off, so he certainly did not get it via regular channels. Getting 400+ rounds of ammo can't have been easy either.

A expert said to CNN (they're probably rerunning that piece during the day) that the gun and ammo was probably through the same gun trafficking routes that supply ISIS and other islamic extremists in Europe.

Tanking into consideration that the vast majority of Germans have absolutely no idea on how to contact  networks of gun traffickers to obtain modern guns and hundreds of rounds of ammo, let alone a loner 18-year-old, the Occam's Razor reply to this question is simple: someone supplied him with them.

Quote from: Zanza
Sounds like a crazy person, probably at least inspired by Breivik.

Still clinging to the attempts to find a way to pin this on the "Right"?

You're just like the AP, who is still reporting that he had a "hatred of foreigners" (nevermind that he was the son of an Iranian couple, that's bad for the tale)?

Tell me Zanza, do you pee sitting down?

The Brain

If Germany is anything like Sweden getting a gun and ammo isn't rocket science. Some years back in a murder that got a lot of attention in Sweden (for other reasons) the 18 y/o chick murderer went from Rural Smalltown, Sweden to Stockholm and asked the criminals that hang out by the main subway station about buying a gun and ammo and managed to do so. IIRC. And if you're a teenage guy who lives in the ghetto you likely know someone who knows someone.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martim Silva on July 23, 2016, 04:30:51 PM

Tanking into consideration that the vast majority of Germans have absolutely no idea on how to contact  networks of gun traffickers to obtain modern guns and hundreds of rounds of ammo, let alone a loner 18-year-old, the Occam's Razor reply to this question is simple: someone supplied him with them.

What a brilliant deduction.  I thought perhaps he made it from twigs and berries or that it fell out of the sky.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Don't be a twat.  He means some group put a gun in his hands and said "go kill some people."

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 23, 2016, 06:25:23 PM
Don't be a twat.  He means some group put a gun in his hands and said "go kill some people."

Maybe it was Erdogan, chief calamity of our time.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Brain on July 23, 2016, 04:48:29 PM
If Germany is anything like Sweden getting a gun and ammo isn't rocket science. Some years back in a murder that got a lot of attention in Sweden (for other reasons) the 18 y/o chick murderer went from Rural Smalltown, Sweden to Stockholm and asked the criminals that hang out by the main subway station about buying a gun and ammo and managed to do so. IIRC. And if you're a teenage guy who lives in the ghetto you likely know someone who knows someone.
Yeah.

Just seems odd given that he was young and the only thing the police knew about him was that he'd been the victim of a couple of assaults. From what I've read he doesn't seem the type to have had some form criminal contacts which I would have thought you'd need. But as you say maybe it's pretty easy to get hold of if you want it.
Let's bomb Russia!