Arizona approves bill allowing guns in bars

Started by jimmy olsen, July 01, 2009, 02:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

when people in norway get drunk they get into fights... when people in arizona get drunk they compete in marksmanship...  <_<
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Alatriste

Quote from: Phillip V on July 01, 2009, 02:13:35 PM
It's very important that criminals are now afraid rather than law abiding citizens.

Errr... Actually, now and thanks to this new law both criminals and law abiding citizens will be afraid from drunken fools with guns, isn'it?

Phillip V

Quote from: Alatriste on July 02, 2009, 12:06:24 AM
Errr... Actually, now and thanks to this new law both criminals and law abiding citizens will be afraid from drunken fools with guns, isn'it?
The measure would ban drinking while packing and allow restaurants to deny entry to gun-toting citizens by posting a sign next to their liquor license.

Syt

Quote from: Neil on July 01, 2009, 10:22:48 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on July 01, 2009, 10:08:28 PM
The law, though, is a good one. Tennessee recently did something similar.
And that is good because...?

Drunk rednecks shooting each other. Win/win.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Alatriste

Quote from: Phillip V on July 02, 2009, 12:32:27 AM
Quote from: Alatriste on July 02, 2009, 12:06:24 AM
The measure would ban drinking while packing and allow restaurants to deny entry to gun-toting citizens by posting a sign next to their liquor license.

Great. Arizonans will only have to worry about gun packing teetotaller criminals in bars  :D

Now, seriously, this seems a quite empty law then. First it would quite odd to visit a bar when you aren't going to drink at all, and second I guess most bars wil display that sign... or have I forgotten some factor?

Crazy_Ivan80

soon they'll be too fat anyways. Guns no longer will be powerful enough to get through the layers of fat to do damage.

Phillip V

Quote from: Alatriste on July 02, 2009, 01:11:30 AM
Great. Arizonans will only have to worry about gun packing teetotaller criminals in bars  :D

Now, seriously, this seems a quite empty law then. First it would quite odd to visit a bar when you aren't going to drink at all, and second I guess most bars wil display that sign... or have I forgotten some factor?
It seems the law is aimed at general/family restaurants that happen to serve alcohol, like T.G.I. Friday's, Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse, Applebee's, etc.

Alatriste

Quote from: Phillip V on July 02, 2009, 01:22:03 AM
Quote from: Alatriste on July 02, 2009, 01:11:30 AM

It seems the law is aimed at general/family restaurants that happen to serve alcohol, like T.G.I. Friday's, Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse, Applebee's, etc.

Ah, OK. We don't have any of those no-alcohol restaurants over here (even Macdonalds and Burger Kings serve beer in Spain)

Monoriu

Quote from: Alatriste on July 02, 2009, 01:30:36 AM

Ah, OK. We don't have any of those no-alcohol restaurants over here (even Macdonalds and Burger Kings serve beer in Spain)

!

Alatriste

Quote from: Monoriu on July 02, 2009, 01:35:46 AM
Quote from: Alatriste on July 02, 2009, 01:30:36 AM

!

?

I know that's not usually the case, and I have been told by someone that ought to know that at least Macdonalds Spain had to fight long and hard to convince US headquarters that by serving beer they wouldn't lose families and kids.

Valmy

Quote from: Alatriste on July 02, 2009, 06:29:45 AM
I know that's not usually the case, and I have been told by someone that ought to know that at least Macdonalds Spain had to fight long and hard to convince US headquarters that by serving beer they wouldn't lose families and kids.

The kids actually would refuse to go if they couldn't get a beer in Spain.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: The Brain on July 01, 2009, 02:10:58 PM
Can we shoot the pianist this time round?

Yep.  No longer do we have to content ourselves with just stabbing him :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Alatriste

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2009, 08:06:31 AM
Quote from: Alatriste on July 02, 2009, 06:29:45 AM

The kids actually would refuse to go if they couldn't get a beer in Spain.

Not pre-teens, but many teenagers would. In Spain usually things are like this:

First contact with alcohol often happens in Christmas family feasts when we are 12-13. Just a glass of cider or champagne (or 'cava', our national version). From then on, teens are usually encouraged to start drinking gradually some beer/wine with meals - but in my limited experience most teens at a burger will still drink Coke.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Alatriste on July 03, 2009, 12:45:43 AM
Not pre-teens, but many teenagers would. In Spain usually things are like this:

First contact with alcohol often happens in Christmas family feasts when we are 12-13. Just a glass of cider or champagne (or 'cava', our national version). From then on, teens are usually encouraged to start drinking gradually some beer/wine with meals - but in my limited experience most teens at a burger will still drink Coke.

Sounds healthier than the wait until college and drink until you get alcohol poisoning method.

DGuller

I remember going to the local pub/brewery in Lviv to drink beer when I was 10.  My dad and his friend went, and so did I and the friend's son, who was also 10.  Nobody batted an eye.