And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass killing in Orlando gay nightclub

Started by Malicious Intent, June 12, 2016, 06:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Oexmelin on June 12, 2016, 06:23:28 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 12, 2016, 01:08:21 PM
Well he called it terror and then went on to politicize it.

How could such an issue not be political?

Because as long as we're not discussing it, it will go away.

Jaron

This is a tough issue and no one has any really good ideas to solve it.

The destruction one person can unleash with modern technologies is devastating. We see it with school shootings, we see it in any attack in crowded areas.

However, for the most part we are not experiencing a large number of attacks from radical Muslims in the US. The number of guilty actors is very very small.

The Muslim community is really in a tough position. The Breitbart right demands to know why Muslims don't denounce the attacks and when they do denounce them the Breitbarters claim its part of a secret plot to get us to lower our guards.

The bigger threat to the West isn't violence, but shifting cultural values by Sharia supporting Muslims vs apathetic Westerners.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Sheilbh

Just saw the unbelievable bit on Sky News tonight where a gay, leftie ended up walking off the press review after getting shouted down (more-or-less) for pointing out this was a homophobic attack. The right-wing commentator was calling the attacker a lunatic and the host said 'it was an attack on all people' :blink: :bleeding:

It wasn't really an attack on all people any more than attacking a Synagogue is an attack on all people. It's an attack on specific people. Sympathise and empathise all you want but that should be acknowledged :bleeding:

It's like saying the pipe bomb in the Admiral Duncan was an attack on all people - it's really not.

Not a fan of Owen Jones but very impressed. I'd have kicked off a lot more.

Edit: Meanwhile on the internet he's being attacked by the Trump right because he said it was a homophobic attack not an Islamic attack :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

Careful Shel, Marti is gonna come after you.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 12, 2016, 06:32:39 PM
Edit: Meanwhile on the internet he's being attacked by the Trump right because he said it was a homophobic attack not an Islamic attack :blink:

Yeah, unfortunately not gonna win that one.

LaCroix

the motive for this particular attack was he hated gays. if he hated gays and killed them because of extremist views re: islam, was this more a hate crime against gays or islamic terrorism, if you had to pick one? :hmm:

Monoriu

If this isn't a homophobic attack, I don't know what is. 

Legbiter

There was an exposé about a speaker at a local Orlando mosque expounding on Islamic theology concerning gays a couple of months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlwxqqAprQ
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

LaCroix

Quote from: Monoriu on June 12, 2016, 07:11:21 PM

I think the ultimate question is whether he would have attacked a different group in the name of islam if he hadn't ever had a big issue with gays

11B4V

Quote from: Monoriu on June 12, 2016, 07:11:21 PM

and throwing gays of the rooftops in Ramandi has nothing to do with radical ideology. Oh and it's an homophobic attack too.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Jaron

Sad to watch the right pretend to care about gay lives because it helps their anti-Islam agenda.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grallon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 12, 2016, 06:07:17 PM

C'mon, I can't be the only one that thinks that.  What about the Languish gay community:  what do you say?  garbon?  Martinus? Shielbh?  Siege?  Caliga?  What say you?  Is he a textbook case of homo self-loathing, or what?

Yes - he does look like a closet case.  But he's also a filthy Muslim, which no doubt left him feeling vindicated to shoot gays.  He could thus appear at the same time both righteous and *not* gay.  The crux here is not that he is/was a closet case - but that he shares/shared an ideology that allows the use violence for 'moral reasons'.

Is he dead by the way?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

Quote from: Jaron on June 12, 2016, 07:18:25 PM
Sad to watch the right pretend to care about gay lives because it helps their anti-Islam agenda.

It is rather interesting to see them suddenly fighting for gay and womens rights in this very specific context.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Quote from: Grallon on June 12, 2016, 07:21:56 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 12, 2016, 06:07:17 PM

C'mon, I can't be the only one that thinks that.  What about the Languish gay community:  what do you say?  garbon?  Martinus? Shielbh?  Siege?  Caliga?  What say you?  Is he a textbook case of homo self-loathing, or what?

Yes - he does look like a closet case.  But he's also a filthy Muslim, which no doubt left him feeling vindicated to shoot gays.  He could thus appear at the same time both righteous and *not* gay.  The crux here is not that he is/was a closet case - but that he shares/shared an ideology that allows the use violence for 'moral reasons'.

Is he dead by the way?

G.

:lol: and yes
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Legbiter

Quote from: Jaron on June 12, 2016, 07:18:25 PM

Exactly. Do not allow these awful people to tarnish the otherwise outstanding reputation of peace that Islam has built up over the years.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.