Richard Hakluyt

Yes, absolutely horrible  :mad:

No info yet on the perpetrator.

Malicious Intent

From BBC live coverage:

Gunman 'had leanings towards radical Islamic ideology'

Posted at
13:42

Asked whether the gunman had links to radical Islamist terrorism, Ronald Hopper from the FBI said:

"We do have suggestions that that individual might have leanings towards that particular ideology."

However, he added that this was not yet definitively established.

Martinus

I can't even get mad at this shit any more. Let's hope we awaken to the threat in our midst before it is too late.

Josquius

The TV didn't mention it was a gay club.
Fuckers.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on June 12, 2016, 07:46:46 AM
Quote from: Tyr on June 12, 2016, 07:35:22 AM
The TV didn't mention it was a gay club.
Fuckers.

Whoa! :o

I don't think he meant it the way it came across.  :lol:

Kleves

I have to hope that the killer was just a crazy white guy, as per usual.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

The Brain

QuoteAsked whether the gunman had links to radical Islamist terrorism, Ronald Hopper from the FBI said:

"We do have suggestions that that individual might have leanings towards that particular ideology."

He may just be a hipster.

Caliga

Was he found with a taco filled with Korean bbq in his hand or something? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on June 12, 2016, 08:35:27 AM
Was he found with a taco filled with Korean bbq in his hand or something? :hmm:
um pretty sure that is so three years ago even hipsters would think it is passé
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Maybe radicalising American muslims online and then directing them to carry out gun/improvised attacks has become IS's preferred method for attacking the US?

Hard to counter, blurs the line between domestic and international terrorism. How best to meaningfully respond to it, given challenging the availability of guns to possible terrorists or mentally unstable, is a no-go area of policy for any US administration.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Kleves

Quote from: mongers on June 12, 2016, 08:52:02 AM
Maybe radicalising American muslims online and then directing them to carry out gun/improvised attacks has become IS's preferred method for attacking the US?
Perhaps they've realized that getting Trump elected would be the greatest act of terrorism in history.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on June 12, 2016, 07:32:33 AM
I can't even get mad at this shit any more. Let's hope we awaken to the threat in our midst before it is too late.

What exactly would be your solution? Boot out American citizens whose parents came from predominantly muslim countries?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.