News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass killing in Orlando gay nightclub

Started by Malicious Intent, June 12, 2016, 06:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

If you want to leisurely pass time in a pleasant way perhaps you shouldn't post in a thread about mass murder?

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on June 12, 2016, 11:53:48 AM
If you want to leisurely pass time in a pleasant way perhaps you shouldn't post in a thread about mass murder?

Oh so are you refuting my thesis? What exactly is it that you think we do here?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on June 12, 2016, 11:56:17 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 12, 2016, 11:53:48 AM

Oh so are you refuting my thesis? What exactly is it that you think we do here?

What's your thesis?

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 12, 2016, 11:41:51 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 12, 2016, 10:17:10 AM
Well, you convinced me - Muslims cannot assimilate or coexist with a liberal democracy, no matter how many years they live here.

John Wayne Gacy had 33 gay murder victims in one location, you know.  Not a Muslim.

Wow.  :lol:

PDH

Mart, try for once to stop being a gigantic douchebag.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

grumbler

Quote from: DontSayBanana on June 12, 2016, 10:45:38 AM
What the fuck kind of lawyer are you, anyway?

The kind that cleans the toilets and picks up a little bit of the law lingo.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on June 12, 2016, 12:00:34 PM
Mart, try for once to stop being a gigantic douchebag.

Tell him to flap his arms and fly.  It'll be easier.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Apparently, he was on the FBI list of known ISIS sympathisers.

So, to answer garbon's question about what we should do - making sure people like this are not able to walk freely in our societies would be a good start.

LaCroix

Quote from: garbon on June 12, 2016, 11:50:39 AMI think most of us come to this forum as a pleasant way of leisurely passing the time. There is nothing pleasing about your 'contributions'.

that's the paradox attitude of forum administration, though. a forum is where people gather online and talk. over time, characters develop. some are funny, some provoke, etc. marti contributes in his own unique way

garbon

Quote from: LaCroix on June 12, 2016, 12:14:40 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 12, 2016, 11:50:39 AMI think most of us come to this forum as a pleasant way of leisurely passing the time. There is nothing pleasing about your 'contributions'.

that's the paradox attitude of forum administration, though. a forum is where people gather online and talk. over time, characters develop. some are funny, some provoke, etc. marti contributes in his own unique way

I see nothing wrong in banning a poster who serves as nothing but a detriment to our forum. Apparently our mods feel the same if the amount of bans he's been given are any indication.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on June 12, 2016, 12:00:01 PM
Well, you convinced me - Muslims cannot assimilate or coexist with a liberal democracy, no matter how many years they live here.

John Wayne Gacy had 33 gay murder victims in one location, you know.  Not a Muslim.

QuoteThe suspect's father has spoken out to the media, saying his son was anti-gay and he doesn't believe the attack was motivated by religion.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/orlando-nightclub-shooting-suspected-gunman-omar-mateen/

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 12, 2016, 12:19:48 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 12, 2016, 12:00:01 PM

QuoteThe suspect's father has spoken out to the media, saying his son was anti-gay and he doesn't believe the attack was motivated by religion.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/orlando-nightclub-shooting-suspected-gunman-omar-mateen/

How many other mass shootings in gay clubs were perpetrated to date by homophobes? I mean, given the widespread access to guns in the US and homophobia among the racist, right wing rednecks and the like, there must be virtually dozens of cases.

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus on June 12, 2016, 12:12:18 PM
So, to answer garbon's question about what we should do - making sure people like this are not able to walk freely in our societies would be a good start.
Imprisonment for thought crime? You just become absurd now.

Martinus

Incidentally, Seedee, I am seeing other media reports that he was on the FBI watch list since 2013 because of radical islam sympathies. This seems to belie what the father is saying.