Main Menu

Mass killing in Orlando gay nightclub

Started by Malicious Intent, June 12, 2016, 06:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: 11B4V on June 12, 2016, 01:58:57 PM

ISIS claims responsibility for Orlando mass shooting – affiliated agency

https://www.rt.com/news/346390-isis-claims-orlando-shooting/

If there is an actual international terrorist link and not just dumb posturing from ISIS, this is the biggest terrorist attack on US soil since 911.

LaCroix

Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2016, 01:50:16 PMbut it is scary whenever you people elect them to national office.

what do you mean by "you people"?

feminists?

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on June 12, 2016, 10:05:24 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 12, 2016, 09:56:50 AM
Quote from: Caliga on June 12, 2016, 09:52:20 AM
This type of stuff will drive idiots to vote for Trump though. :weep:

Do those idiots care much about the death of gays?

Yes. Many of those who support Trump are of a libertarian bent. It is quite comforting, I assume, for you to think that people who support Donald Trump hate gays - but many of them are quite neutral. In any event, it's Muslims, not Christians or Trump supporters, who are apparently murdering gay people - in Middle East or in America.

But go on continuing to be suicidal - thankfully, you are slowly but surely becoming a minority.

What kind of Libertarians do you think support the deportation of natural born American citizens?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on June 12, 2016, 02:04:06 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 12, 2016, 01:58:57 PM

ISIS claims responsibility for Orlando mass shooting – affiliated agency

https://www.rt.com/news/346390-isis-claims-orlando-shooting/

If there is an actual international terrorist link and not just dumb posturing from ISIS, this is the biggest terrorist attack on US soil since 911.

Claim before or claim after, six of one, half a dozen of the other
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on June 12, 2016, 02:06:34 PM

Yes. Many of those who support Trump are of a libertarian bent. It is quite comforting, I assume, for you to think that people who support Donald Trump hate gays - but many of them are quite neutral. In any event, it's Muslims, not Christians or Trump supporters, who are apparently murdering gay people - in Middle East or in America.

But go on continuing to be suicidal - thankfully, you are slowly but surely becoming a minority.

What kind of Libertarians do you think support the deportation of natural born American citizens?

The kind that prefer their country and their lives and lives of their loved ones to some abstract principle.

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on June 12, 2016, 02:18:03 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 12, 2016, 02:06:34 PM

The kind that prefer their country and their lives and lives of their loved ones to some abstract principle.

That sentence does not describe anyone who is honestly "libertarian". Anyone who claims that liberty is an "abstract principle" to be put aside in favor to security theater is no "libertarian".
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

LaCroix

that abstract principle is the core of american society

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Fair enough. There is probably little you can do about these people who are already US citizens (although you should watch them more closely and try to stop them before they murder innocent people) but you can stop immigration of more of them from Muslim countries. Afghanistan is a great example - 99% of people there support sharia law. You can't hope for such people to assimilate.

Jaron

A terrible tragedy.

The challenge for Americans is that our Muslim situations like this are isolated. We don't have communities in the US that are hotbeds of Islamic terrorism like in Europe. So how do you address that challenge? How can we prevent all these school shootings? How do you detect when someone has cracked or become radicalized in their beliefs and get to them before they do something terrible?

No one has really presented any good answers to this, even Trump. While I have no concerns with limiting immigration from Muslim countries known to be hot beds of terrorism, how do you deal with those who are already citizens? People who, as a group, are overwhelmingly law abiding.

Its curious the same group that warns against using this as an excuse to curb THEIR liberties (2nd Amendment) would use it as an excuse to curtail the liberties of others.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Phillip V

Quote from: Jaron on June 12, 2016, 02:43:53 PM
A terrible tragedy.

The challenge for Americans is that our Muslim situations like this are isolated. We don't have communities in the US that are hotbeds of Islamic terrorism like in Europe. So how do you address that challenge? How can we prevent all these school shootings? How do you detect when someone has cracked or become radicalized in their beliefs and get to them before they do something terrible?

No one has really presented any good answers to this, even Trump. While I have no concerns with limiting immigration from Muslim countries known to be hot beds of terrorism, how do you deal with those who are already citizens? People who, as a group, are overwhelmingly law abiding.

Its curious the same group that warns against using this as an excuse to curb THEIR liberties (2nd Amendment) would use it as an excuse to curtail the liberties of others.

Behavioral Analytics and Insider Threat Management ;)

11B4V

Quote from: Jaron on June 12, 2016, 02:43:53 PM
A terrible tragedy.

I don't believe "that" group is saying Muslims cannot own guns IAW the 2nd.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Even in the face of indescribable tragedies like this, the 2nd Amendment stands strong.
CONSTITUTION STRONG

LaCroix

they don't have to fully assimilate. they just have to follow laws of the land

11B4V

The only folks using this atrocity to further their gun nutter agenda is well, the prez and his gun nutter crew. He said as much in his news conference.