News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Civilization VI

Started by Zanza, May 11, 2016, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Catherine has the ability "buggy eyes".  She uses these to look in two directions at once. +1 Awareness -1 Charisma.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 02, 2016, 08:11:01 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 02, 2016, 03:39:46 PM
My statement wasn't that the most know person ever for a particular nation should win out.  Just lesser known Blanche didn't seem to be more relevant. I'm not even sure what themed abilities one would want to give Blanche.

The French economy did well under her stewardship, she kept down unrest and rallied support for the Crown.
I'm not sure what Catherine's abilities would be other then stoking civil wars and having sons die young.  Intrigue I guess.

Said almost like you know the answer. :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on November 02, 2016, 01:05:15 PM
Let's be positive - at least they didn't pick Marie Antoinette. :)

Sadly for Caliga, for Marie-Antoinette fulfilled his criteria. :(

KRonn

I just got this two days ago, so still obviously new at it. So far liking it a lot though as the Civ games are always ones I like.

The Brain

Quote from: KRonn on November 03, 2016, 08:37:54 PM
I just got this two days ago, so still obviously new at it. So far liking it a lot though as the Civ games are always ones I like.

Do you have enough time to play it?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Guys stop playing the game so much, give us some more colour and feedback in this thread instead.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Quote from: Berkut on November 02, 2016, 01:08:39 PM

I have to admit I get a chuckle out of comments like this since I actually know Ed and am acquainted with his family.

Cool. Do you know if he's working on something along the lines of HIS/VQ?   :)

DGuller

I'm getting into the game now, it was definitely a mistake to play on Epic speed.  The game drags on on normal speed as it is.

I have to say that UI is just unbearable, though.  Way too many big and small decisions that combine to make for a frustrating interface.  The new movement system is the biggest offender, as it both takes forever to transport your units across maps, and it make you press space way too often when your unit is left with 0.5 movement points or something silly like that. 

It almost feels like the game got a new designer, and that new designer seemed to dogmatically hate a lot of the things the old designer did.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on November 05, 2016, 08:33:01 PM
I'm getting into the game now, it was definitely a mistake to play on Epic speed.  The game drags on on normal speed as it is.

I have to say that UI is just unbearable, though.  Way too many big and small decisions that combine to make for a frustrating interface.  The new movement system is the biggest offender, as it both takes forever to transport your units across maps, and it make you press space way too often when your unit is left with 0.5 movement points or something silly like that. 

It almost feels like the game got a new designer, and that new designer seemed to dogmatically hate a lot of the things the old designer did.

The curse of wanting to make your mark.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

The curse of a Dgul whine.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zoupa

We get it, you like the game.

If you read reviews, reddit and steam threads, you'll see lot and lots of people making the same points: lots of UI bugs/missing features, balancing issues, quality of life features missing, incorrect civilopedia etc.

I bought the deluxe edition, so once the patches/dlc come in I'm confident a lot if not most of my gripes will be fixed.

Zanza

I like a lot of the game design (policy cards, districts), don't really get some others (why two separate mechanisms for research or controlling city max size?). The AI seems rather brain dead, especially building wide, and the user interface is clumsy, especially movement of units.
But it has that "just one more round" feeling so overall it's a good game.

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on November 05, 2016, 11:53:54 PM
We get it, you like the game.

If you read reviews, reddit and steam threads, you'll see lot and lots of people making the same points: lots of UI bugs/missing features, balancing issues, quality of life features missing, incorrect civilopedia etc.

I bought the deluxe edition, so once the patches/dlc come in I'm confident a lot if not most of my gripes will be fixed.

I think I'm on record if complaining about a lot of things, so I think I bears at least scant consideration if I'm calling someone out for being whiny. :P

Zanza

This is my current game. Difficulty level "Prince" as it is only the second game I played for more than a couple of turns. I got a great start terrain. Built Ephesos very early on to block against Brazilian expansion. Conquered a Russian settler early to build Argos. Both Brazil and Russia were extremely passive afterwards. They still had one city when I had five. Conquered Hong Kong sometime later.

Then the Russians attacked me with their hordes of spearmen and chariots when I already had Crossbows and Muskets. They had already circled Hongkong with troops for like 20 rounds before and eventually attacked when I bought a land hex to cut some of them off. I conquered their single city.

Then I pissed off the Brazilians by having way more great persons than they had and they declared war on me, despite being much weaker. So I took two of their cities (they have at least one more in a remote location). Very brain dead AI there.

The reason I don't really feel like continuing this game is that I have flight and infantry while my opponents are still in the classic or medieval era. Not very interesting.

Zoupa

Prince should provide a little challenge at least. That's too bad. What I see mainly in my games is the AI never or barely expanding too. Inexplicable