News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Civilization VI

Started by Zanza, May 11, 2016, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

By the way, I wonder if it's a coincidence but all my favourite leaders so far - Catherine, Victoria, Cleopatra and Gorgo - are women. :hmm:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Not really. They seem too much like "reskinned Mongols" to me. Gorgo is as militaristic as it gets for me before I lose interest.

garbon

But Tomy is basically Xena! Actually maybe that's what she needs - some homoerotic undertones.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

What I meant though they are my favourite leaders to play as in terms of my playstyle - aggressive culture builders.

DGuller

Finally got Civ VI this weekend, now that my exam is over.  Played my first game as England on King difficulty and Epic speed.  I got bored to death.  :(  Something's missing there, but I can't put my finger on it.

Martinus

Turns out two of my favourite male leaders to play as are Peter and Saladin.  :ph34r:

Zoupa

Quote from: DGuller on October 30, 2016, 09:03:45 PM
Finally got Civ VI this weekend, now that my exam is over.  Played my first game as England on King difficulty and Epic speed.  I got bored to death.  :(  Something's missing there, but I can't put my finger on it.

I bought the Ultimate Edition or whatever they call it, like an idiot. The game is near unplayable for me. Too many annoyances, not enough fun :( I'll revisit once a couple of patches/dlc are in. Even the Civilopedia sucks... I conquered a city and it never grew, just kept saying "occupied, no growth possible". No info anywhere in the Civilopedia, had to go on the always fun steam forums for an answer... That's just laziness from the devs. Also, this is a real step back in terms of AI, I don't know what happened there. I'm flying around in jets but my city states allies are still pumping out warriors and filling up the map with them. Hmmm...

Going back to Civ5 for now.

garbon

That's a lot of crying for a game that is fairly fun out of the box - though yes, the AI is childish.

Zoupa

Meh. Once they work out the kinks I'm sure I'll spend hundreds of hours on it, just like every other civ game.

Martinus

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

It's kinda hard bein Snoop D-O-double-G
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zoupa

But I, somehow, some way
Keep comin' up with funky-ass shit, like, every single day

Zoupa

Btw do you guys know of any way to steal a few tiles from a city, similar to the citadel thing from great generals in Civ 5?