Psellus Does the Byzantine Commonwealth: My Balkan Adventures

Started by Queequeg, December 09, 2015, 09:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: Threviel on April 07, 2016, 01:20:06 PM

I went there without knowing that the car was there. My jaw dropped to the floor I entered the room and saw it.

The model ov Viribus Unitis was cool as hell also. Great museum.

Yes, awesome model.

I also liked how it takes you through the war, ending  with the armistice and reflecting on all the horrors, and then you turn the corner and see the car again.

Queequeg

Quote from: Threviel on April 07, 2016, 01:20:06 PM
Quote from: Maladict on April 06, 2016, 07:49:28 AM
Just got back from a trip to Vienna and Budapest. Visited the military museum to see Franz Ferdinand's car, totally blown away by how awesome that place is. Possibly best military museum I've ever been to. :mmm:

Also, the newly reopened Kunstkammer :wub:

I went there without knowing that the car was there. My jaw dropped to the floor I entered the room and saw it.
I felt really sick. Thought I was going to throw up. Totally unprepared.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Do you ever have a small, normal reaction to anything? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

:D

Another unexpected surprise was at the Neue Burg, the custom made suits of armor worn by Alessandro Farnese, Philip II and the Austrian emperors.
It overshadowed the real reason of my visit, the Ephesos museum. That place really needs an update.

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2016, 05:07:41 PM
Do you ever have a small, normal reaction to anything? :unsure:

Besides, it's just an old car with bullet holes on it.

Maladict

Spellus, did you faint when seeing the Eutropius statue at the Kunsthistorisches?  :P

Caliga

Spellus upon visiting the Armenian Genocide church that got blown up by ISIS:

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points