Agnostic Muslims kill more part-time Christians, this time in Nagorno-Karabakh

Started by Grinning_Colossus, April 03, 2016, 08:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grinning_Colossus

As someone who lives in a large American city, I would prefer it if Russia did not invade a NATO ally.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

derspiess

Okay now I'm 100% with the Azeris.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/04/06/azerbaijan-blasts-kim-kardashian/

Btw what's with everyone saying Azeris now?  In the 90s it was all Azerbaijanis.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on April 07, 2016, 11:12:53 AM
As someone who lives in a large American city, I would prefer it if Russia did not invade a NATO ally.
Azerbaidjan isn't in NATO.

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on April 07, 2016, 12:52:26 PM
Btw what's with everyone saying Azeris now?  In the 90s it was all Azerbaijanis.

It's always been Azeris, as far as I know.  Kinda like Tajiks rather than Tajikistanis.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on April 06, 2016, 05:58:31 AM
https://www.facebook.com/turkeyball/photos/a.590468514303632.154198.590466367637180/1336978066319336/?type=3&theater

I think this is much, much worse though.  I'm fucking done with these despicable people and their worthless culture.

Okay, I got a question.  How come you never learned Armenian.  You learned Turkish, but not Armenian You always seem to champion Armenia on this board.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Queequeg on April 07, 2016, 10:55:54 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 06, 2016, 05:58:41 PM
Maybe Azeris are perceiving that there is more will for Turkey to get involved than there is a will for Putin to get involved, and is striking while the iron is hot. 
I hope he's wrong.  I will forgive Putin everything if he gets involved and makes Greater Armenia and an independent Kurdistan a reality.
:hmm: What an appropriate title you have there.

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on April 07, 2016, 01:00:48 PM

Turkey is.

Quote from: derspiess on April 07, 2016, 12:52:26 PM

Azeri is (I believe) the ethnonym, while Azerbaijani refers to citizenship. So there are plenty of Azeris in Iran, but the only Azerbaijanis are tourists.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Queequeg

Quote from: Razgovory on April 07, 2016, 01:56:52 PM
https://www.facebook.com/turkeyball/photos/a.590468514303632.154198.590466367637180/1336978066319336/?type=3&theater

I think this is much, much worse though.  I'm fucking done with these despicable people and their worthless culture.

Okay, I got a question.  How come you never learned Armenian.  You learned Turkish, but not Armenian You always seem to champion Armenia on this board.
Jobs.
Research.
It's a much more important language until the Republic finally collapses like the rotting, hateful edifice it is and Armenia is restored to its natural boundaries.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Turkey broke me heart. When I was 14 I hated Turkey because I liked Armenia and Greece. Now I hate Turkey independently and still love Greece and Armenia.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

derspiess

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on April 07, 2016, 04:35:42 PM
Azeri is (I believe) the ethnonym, while Azerbaijani refers to citizenship. So there are plenty of Azeris in Iran, but the only Azerbaijanis are tourists.

Right.  I just have memories of hearing "Azerbaijanis" over and over on CNN during the 90s and now the press is holding themselves to saying "Azeris".
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 07, 2016, 07:52:16 PM

Right.  I just have memories of hearing "Azerbaijanis" over and over on CNN during the 90s and now the press is holding themselves to saying "Azeris".

The big news companies are always trying to sound more worldly and filled with Gravitas so they like to do those kinds of try-hard things all the time. Like how the 'Turin' Olympics was suddenly 'Torino' back in 2006. Oh so sophisticated and Italian you are big news.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on April 07, 2016, 04:47:05 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 07, 2016, 01:56:52 PM

Jobs.
Research.
It's a much more important language until the Republic finally collapses like the rotting, hateful edifice it is and Armenia is restored to its natural boundaries.

I think the main difference between you and Lettow is that your were born like 400 miles apart.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on April 07, 2016, 01:00:48 PM
Turkey is.

And Turkey would be acting on it's own, outside NATO context, to do it's evil deads.
(There's unlikely to be people willing to spill european blood for Turkey after what Erdogan pulled the last few years. He burnt some bridges, though he might not realise it yet. Assuming he cares)