Explosions at Zaventem Airport (Brussels airport)/Brussels metro

Started by Crazy_Ivan80, March 22, 2016, 02:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I'm seeing reports that another 10 were killed in the subway attack.  :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

This is horrible. :(

I am puzzled and terrified how things could have gone so wrong, that Paris and Brussels (and who knows which cities to follow) are starting to look like Turkish cities in terms of level of security, and being turned into a war zone. Turkey is next to the most unstable region in the world with huge ethnic and political internal conflicts, a real pressure-cooker. But the heart of Europe? WTF?!

barkdreg

To be expected.
Wonder what the stupid emotional reaction form our politicians will be.

celedhring

I have a few friends in Brussels, so I just found out about this Facebook "your friend isn't dead" notification system. Not sure whether is helpful or creepy.

Anyhow, terrible development. The circle of hate just keeps burning and getting fueled.

Malicious Intent

Martinus

Quote from: celedhring on March 22, 2016, 06:26:35 AM
I have a few friends in Brussels, so I just found out about this Facebook "your friend isn't dead" notification system. Not sure whether is helpful or creepy.

Anyhow, terrible development. The circle of hate just keeps burning and getting fueled.

"Circle of hate", yup:

1. Muslims kill people.
2. Some non-Muslims say it must stop.
3. Other non-Muslims call the first group of non-Muslims racist.
4. Muslims kill more people.

celedhring

If only the people in 2) limited themselves to "saying it must stop", you might have a point.

Duque de Bragança

This feature has been in the news at least since the islamist attacks in Paris last November, possibly before (earthquake in Nepal).
Back to topic, I am not surprised by these attacks, again.

Crazy_Ivan80

IS seems to have claimed the attacks according to an article on telegraaf.nl, which in turn referred to a Kurdish newssource.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on March 22, 2016, 06:41:48 AM

"Circle of hate", yup:

1. Muslims kill people.
2. Some non-Muslims say it must stop.
3. Other non-Muslims call the first group of non-Muslims racist.
4. Muslims kill more people.

It IS a circle.

Tamas

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 22, 2016, 07:01:02 AM
IS seems to have claimed the attacks according to an article on telegraaf.nl, which in turn referred to a Kurdish newssource.

I wonder if its "IS" as it used to be "AQ". I mean, I am afraid it can't be that heard to strap some IED on yourself, maybe get yourself a firearm and then blow yourself up in a public place. And you can claim you were an ultra-badass-IS fighter, and the organisation will surely not say no.

Brazen

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 22, 2016, 06:54:32 AM

This feature has been in the news at least since the islamist attacks in Paris last November, possibly before (earthquake in Nepal).
Back to topic, I am not surprised by these attacks, again.
Facebook Safety Check was activated in Nepal, but it evolved from Safety Message Board, developed by Facebook engineers in response to the 2011 tsunami in Japan and launched a year later. Here's a feature I wrote about technology used in the aftermath of humanitarian emergencies: http://www.nridigital.com/brite-magazine/issue2.html

Berkut

Sigh.

My condolences of course to our European friends. I don't even know how to react anymore to this shit.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned