Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Josquius

Google peoples vote.
Top result - desperate lies on leavemeansleave.com :lol:
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Camerus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 18, 2018, 05:51:34 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 18, 2018, 02:55:42 PM
Mogg = Jacob Rees-Mogg, a living caricature of a privileged Tory toff who is a leading hard line Brexiterr.
Tory zealots view Singapore as a viable economic model for Britain.
North Korea I guess refers to the restrictive immigration policy (?)

I get the references, it's the syntax I need help with.  100% out North Korea come Singapore? :unsure:
I think he means a hard Brexit resulting in a "North Korea-cum-Singapore" state.... I think.

Josquius

Thats what it meant yes.
Is cum the proper spelling to use there? Rather thought cum was just used for....

Quote from: Valmy on October 20, 2018, 07:58:36 PM
Quote from: Tyr on October 20, 2018, 02:48:19 AM
Google peoples vote.
Top result - desperate lies on leavemeansleave.com :lol:

Huh?  :huh:

They're paying for advertising on google to boost up their page where they lie about what the Peoples Vote is.
██████
██████
██████

Richard Hakluyt

Cum is Latin for "with".

Syt

From yesterday's protest:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Valmy

Putting it a way most English people will understand!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

A little tough to chant into a megaphone.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 21, 2018, 05:17:06 PM
A little tough to chant into a megaphone.

I maybe wrong but I think megaphones/bull horns are banned for demonstrations going through Westminster.  Besides these people are far too polite and restrained to resort to such crudities to get their point across.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

The knives are really out for May now and that's from just her own party.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Those knives have been out for so long they have been sharpened into dust.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/oct/23/former-tory-mp-stewart-jackson-urged-to-apologise-for-cretin-jibe-at-boy-with-eu-flag

See, this is a general problem I have with the Right be it pro-Brexit English, or Trumpists or whatever. All they are offering is a world where the strong is allowed to be mean and nasty to the weak. What kind of vision of future is that? Are people really having it so bad that this is a genuinely attractive proposal? Or they just don't realise that almost all of them fall in the weak category, i.e. somebody that would end up being abused one way or the other?

Grey Fox

They long for a fascist world.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

FWIW, the Spanish president has just confirmed that there's an agreement for post-Brexit Gibraltar, although it's contingent on an overall Brexit deal happening.