Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Richard Hakluyt

Josquius

I can't help but laugh though that the would-be  British strongman is...

:lol:
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on July 24, 2018, 05:15:46 AM

So you don't take him seriously, so his route to political power is made easier; as was the case with that amiable buffoon Boris Johnson.   

Tyr, he's an extreme right winger, you should take his political manoeuvrings very seriously.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Quote from: mongers on July 24, 2018, 05:52:46 AM

So you don't take him seriously, so his route to political power is made easier; as was the case with that amiable buffoon Boris Johnson.   

Tyr, he's an extreme right winger, you should take his political manoeuvrings very seriously.

Oh I do. He's dangerous no doubt. Its shocking how the lumpens will even doff their caps to him.
And of course people laughed at Hitler too.
But...yes. I laugh. Its a laugh at how utterly ridiculous the world has become that this man is an actual threat.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on July 24, 2018, 04:05:49 AM
Wait, Trump gets things done?  :hmm:

If only Obama, Bush, and Clinton had tweeted more people wouldn't have thought they were do-nothings. Though I guess Bill lacked the technology at the time.

Anyway I don't consider running an organized crime ring disguised as a government is getting things done as far as the other three guys...at least not things I want to get done.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Who the hell is that?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2018, 09:38:49 AM

Who the hell is that?

Casting call for Harry Potter - the later years

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on July 24, 2018, 09:39:38 AM
Rees-Mogg

I am basically in a race with him, hoping to get citizenship before he becomes PM.

Tamas

After less than two weeks with the new minister/secretary/whatever his title, Raab, in charge of it, the Brexit Ministry has been basically closed down in all but name: Cabinet office is taking over Brexit matters.

Raab is still shellshocked I guess:

QuoteRaab tells MPs the government has no plans to draw a border down the "Red Sea". He corrects himself, and says he meant the Irish sea.

Zoupa

The level of incompetence is pretty staggering.

Looks like no deal, and a hard crash for the UK. Scotland will probably get out within 2-3 years.

Tamas

Quote from: Zoupa on July 24, 2018, 10:30:52 AM
The level of incompetence is pretty staggering.

Looks like no deal, and a hard crash for the UK. Scotland will probably get out within 2-3 years.

And there's a "new IRA" trying to stir up trouble in NI as well. Granted, it's just a handful of guys at the moment but they are trying hard.

Josquius

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 24, 2018, 09:39:33 AM

Casting call for Harry Potter - the later years

I don't know how well known it is overseas but traditionally the most well known comic book character in the UK is probably Dennis the Menace.
One of the supporting characters of Dennis is Walter/Reece-Mogg.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Reminds me of the firebrand commie in Dr Zhivago.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

OttoVonBismarck

I think May has under performed at what was probably an impossible task, but I still think Cameron deserves the massive share of blame, easily the worst PM the Brits have had in my living memory.