Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

celedhring

I check all of those except the "go to decent places" one and I'm not English.  :hmm:

Josquius

So from the sound of the news today, northern Ireland to stay in the common market.... The ulster economy is about to really take off.

And 1 notes are the devil. With small denominations of notes you need a lot of them and this makes it more likely to accidentally give more than one.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on September 29, 2017, 10:37:41 AM
And 1 notes are the devil. With small denominations of notes you need a lot of them and this makes it more likely to accidentally give more than one.

Not really. You are likely only going to use in combination with larger bills like 5, 10, 20 - not paying 20 in ones!

Also, they conveniently fit in your wallet unlike a bunch of coins.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

QuoteThe British foreign secretary was caught uttering the opening verse to Rudyard Kipling's The Road to Mandalay when he visited the Shwedagon Pagoda, the most sacred Buddhist site in Myanmar's capital, Yangon. Kipling's poem captures the nostalgia of a retired serviceman looking back on his colonial service and a Burmese girl he kissed. Johnson's impromptu recital was so embarrassing that the UK ambassador to Myanmar, Andrew Patrick, was forced to stop him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqLIm0HOvuQ

Yeah, why not make this guy PM  :lol:

garbon

I mean it isn't like Myanmar deserves a lot respect from the West.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on September 30, 2017, 08:18:00 AM
I mean it isn't like Myanmar deserves a lot respect from the West.

This happened before it became ok to feel superior to them

Tamas

I guess everyone has seen May's train wreck of a speech. If she hasn't been working hard through sheer incompetency to make Britain's leadership contest be a three-way between Johnson, Rees-Mogg, and Corbyn, I would feel sorry for her.

Josquius

Johnson,  RM and Corbyn.
One of these things is not like the others.
Seriously as long as Corbyn remains tied to the labour average he would be a great pm.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on October 05, 2017, 05:38:34 AM
Johnson,  RM and Corbyn.
Seriously as long as Corbyn remains tied to the labour average he would be a great pm.

"I am sure he doesn't really want to do all that extreme stuff he has spent his life trying to do, and the moderates will keep him in check"  - that has been tried with a lot of guys, including Adolf, and it usually doesn't work.

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on October 05, 2017, 06:22:59 AM
Quote from: Tyr on October 05, 2017, 05:38:34 AM
Johnson,  RM and Corbyn.

"I am sure he doesn't really want to do all that extreme stuff he has spent his life trying to do, and the moderates will keep him in check"  - that has been tried with a lot of guys, including Adolf, and it usually doesn't work.
... You're seriously comparing Corbyn to Hitler?

First he isn't half as extreme as the media present him as.
Second he isn't being given dictatorial powers. PM is first among equals.
Third it's less the moderates keep him in check and more he is a democrat at the core, he represents the average of labours views. Which average out to being nowhere near the far left.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

You kinda' had me until "democrat at heart" No he is not.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Indifference to NATO, support for leftist tugs and terrorists, what's not to like?

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 05, 2017, 10:40:22 AM
Indifference to NATO, support for leftist tugs and terrorists, what's not to like?

Support for terrorists and leftist thugs? :huh:
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on October 05, 2017, 10:53:24 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 05, 2017, 10:40:22 AM

Support for terrorists and leftist thugs? :huh:

I suspect he means Venezuela and Hamas and the like.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."