Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

celedhring

Why does he always have his mouth fully open in every picture?

Richard Hakluyt

He has a braying laugh which he deploys frequently, the pictures have all been taken mid-laugh.

celedhring

Ok, I thought he just strived to look like a mug, all the time.

Agelastus

Quote from: celedhring on December 01, 2016, 07:04:08 AM

If you've got a picture of Farage with his mouth closed and one with him of him braying like a donkey, which would you choose to publish?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Valmy

Quote from: Agelastus on December 01, 2016, 10:23:00 AM

If you've got a picture of Farage with his mouth closed and one with him of him braying like a donkey, which would you choose to publish?

The one with his mouth closed. Having a one-of-a-kind picture would generate clicks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

QuoteWelsh UKIP politician wants Ireland to pay for road

A UKIP politician has asked if Ireland could help pay for a motorway in Wales using EU funds.

David Rowlands asked the Welsh first minister to "explore the possibility" of the M4 improvement scheme being part-funded by the Irish government.

The assembly member for South Wales East said it was a serious request as "three quarters of all Irish exports to the EU and UK pass along that road".

His request was met with heckles and hilarity in the assembly.

First Minister Carwyn Jones said it was for the Welsh government to maintain the major roads and motorways of Wales.

He also said Mr Rowlands could not expect another EU member state "to make up the shortfall that he himself campaigned to engineer in the first place".

Undeterred, the UKIP assembly member said Ireland would be able to access cash from the Trans-European highways fund for the M4 relief road - a £1.1bn six-lane motorway, south of Newport, to relieve congestion.

The UK Independence Party fought for the UK to leave the EU during June's referendum. Leave won by 52% to 48%.

Fuck off.  :bowler:

Josquius

:lol:
Typical ukip. Totally willing to take the EU's money...
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

It's not completely unheard of - the US government paid for the construction of the Alaska Highway in Yukon since it's Alaskas only land connection to the continental US.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

And all the Irish going through Wales on their way to England for abortions.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Agelastus

Quote from: Valmy on December 01, 2016, 10:26:24 AM

The one with his mouth closed. Having a one-of-a-kind picture would generate clicks.

:D
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Crazy_Ivan80

both of them, looped quickly, with a nice soundbite...

Admiral Yi

Did Ferrero Rocher pay for a product placement?  :huh:

Zanza

Is Ferrero Rocher something special in America or Britain? It's just another not particularly fancy type of chocolate here.

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on December 01, 2016, 02:56:39 PM
Is Ferrero Rocher something special in America or Britain? It's just another not particularly fancy type of chocolate here.

The ads really try and sell it as being upscale and fancy, but really you can buy it at any old drugstore or the like.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on December 01, 2016, 02:56:39 PM

I think it is a little more costly, at least than typical chocolates. I'd think on part with Lindt though. So nicer but nothing amazing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.