Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Gups

Where are you staying?

Thursday easiest for me. Generally family shit to do at w/ends

You'd enjoy the Bermondsey Beer mile on the Saturday. Some very good brewers

http://thecitylane.com/london-the-bermondsey-beer-mile/

derspiess

Quote from: Gups on October 19, 2016, 09:04:26 AM
Where are you staying?

We're staying at the Marriott Marble Arch Thursday and Friday nights.  Then for Saturday & Sunday I'll be at a different hotel in the same part of town.

And the Bermondsey Beer mile looks like a definite Saturday afternoon thing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Gups

Quote from: derspiess on October 19, 2016, 10:26:48 AM
Quote from: Gups on October 19, 2016, 09:04:26 AM
Where are you staying?

We're staying at the Marriott Marble Arch Thursday and Friday nights.  Then for Saturday & Sunday I'll be at a different hotel in the same part of town.

And the Bermondsey Beer mile looks like a definite Saturday afternoon thing.

Not a terrible area, if a bit vanilla touristy-trappy. Can't think of any good pubs in that area, but there must be in Marylebone, which quite close by.

Soho's probably the most fun close-by district to wonder around in. There are some great places to eat, although queues can be bad at peak times.

garbon

Derspiess will be so close to my work place. :ph34r:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Ooh I need to enable the garbon-tracking app on my phone :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on October 19, 2016, 11:58:02 AM

Grindr? I don't pay for that and won't get message notifications, I'm afraid. You'll have better luck with Scruff. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Hamilcar

Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2016, 12:14:48 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 19, 2016, 11:58:02 AM

Grindr? I don't pay for that and won't get message notifications, I'm afraid. You'll have better luck with Scruff. :P

:lol:

Well played, g.

derspiess

:lol: :lol:  Forgot that such things actually exist.

derspiess

Looks like my hotel will be right next to the Islamic Centre of England :) :unsure:

Josquius

Bloody hell, the kippers are still at it :bleeding:
A stupid comment I read today:
Question for all the Americans in here. would you sell your country down the river, consign it to history to become part of some other newly created "super state", give away your democracy, your ability to make your own laws, regulations, trading. arrangements, give up your national identity, open your borders so anyone can come and go as they please expecting work and benefits, undercutting your jobs, putting you out of work, being in an economic block which slowly drains away your best industrial and commercial assets, see all of your little tiers and cities change beyond all recognition almost over night as you become the only Americans on your street surrounded by people who didn't even speak English? create a world where your younger generation are half as prosperous as their parents? can't get their own home untill near middle aged - IF AT ALL?

......Anyone want to say "entire point of the USA"?
These people are so bloody ignorant.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

I just bought Paradox' latest DLC "Stellaris: Leviathans" for 6.29 GBP, which is about 7.10 Euro. So thanks to the cheap British pound, I basically got it 30% off on release day. Thanks Brexiteers! :)

I actually consider going to Scotland for vacation sometime next year if the pound stays as cheap as it is.

Valmy

QuoteQuestion for all the Americans in here. would you sell your country down the river, consign it to history to become part of some other newly created "super state", give away your democracy, your ability to make your own laws, regulations, trading. arrangements, give up your national identity, open your borders so anyone can come and go as they please expecting work and benefits, undercutting your jobs, putting you out of work, being in an economic block which slowly drains away your best industrial and commercial assets, see all of your little tiers and cities change beyond all recognition almost over night as you become the only Americans on your street surrounded by people who didn't even speak English? create a world where your younger generation are half as prosperous as their parents? can't get their own home untill near middle aged - IF AT ALL?

Now do you understand why Rhode Island was so hesitant to join?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on October 20, 2016, 12:38:47 PM
I just bought Paradox' latest DLC "Stellaris: Leviathans" for 6.29 GBP, which is about 7.10 Euro. So thanks to the cheap British pound, I basically got it 30% off on release day. Thanks Brexiteers! :)

I actually consider going to Scotland for vacation sometime next year if the pound stays as cheap as it is.

Because already cheap Scotland wouldn't otherwise be worth visiting?

Zanza

I am sure it's worth visiting. Friends just showed me pictures of the Isle of Skye. Looks fantastic. But it being cheap makes it more attractive. Just like I spent quite a bit of time in the US when the exchange rate was more favorable. I have virtually unlimited destinations for vacations and also got a fair amount of time, but I must look out for what I spend.

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on October 20, 2016, 12:56:43 PM
I am sure it's worth visiting. Friends just showed me pictures of the Isle of Skye. Looks fantastic. But it being cheap makes it more attractive. Just like I spent quite a bit of time in the US when the exchange rate was more favorable. I have virtually unlimited destinations for vacations and also got a fair amount of time, but I must look out for what I spend.

Scotland was fucking fantastic at any price.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.