Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Josquius

I've never been beyond the central belt :blush:
But yes. Scotland is great.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on October 20, 2016, 02:11:06 PM
I've never been beyond the central belt :blush:
But yes. Scotland is great.

I'm planning to go to the Highlands next year. :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

How many Brexiters does it take to change a light bulb?

Trick question. Brexiters are unable to remove the old light bulb. They only know how to screw up.

Terrible.  Needed something about pulling out.  But I like where it's going.
██████
██████
██████

Brazen

I've a horrible feeling any future trade negotiations with the EU will go like this.

Belgium Walloons block key EU Ceta trade deal with Canada

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37749236

Agelastus

Quote from: Tyr on October 24, 2016, 08:33:35 AM

Trick question. Brexiters are unable to remove the old light bulb. They only know how to screw up.

I'm assuming this "jest" was thought up by a non-British EU citizen given the paucity of E14, E27 and E40 light fittings in the average UK home...

The B22 could probably satisfy your cravings for a "pulling out" joke, with a side of "twisted" as well.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Brazen on October 24, 2016, 09:23:18 AM
I've a horrible feeling any future trade negotiations with the EU will go like this.

I can't decide if that is "hilarious" or if that is "fucked up", so I'm going to go with both.  That is hilariously fucked up.

CountDeMoney

QuoteOn Monday, Wallonia's regional leader Paul Magnette warned: "We will never decide anything under an ultimatum or under pressure."

ITS BEEN MORE THAN 7 YEARS ASSHOLE

You gotta be real pricks to make a fucking Trade Minister cry
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37735409

derspiess

Quote from: Gups on October 19, 2016, 09:04:26 AM
Thursday easiest for me. Generally family shit to do at w/ends

How does your Thursday look?  We're supposed to be in that morning & will hopefully be settled in at the hotel early afternoon.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Agelastus on October 24, 2016, 10:49:24 AM

I'm assuming this "jest" was thought up by a non-British EU citizen given the paucity of E14, E27 and E40 light fittings in the average UK home...

The B22 could probably satisfy your cravings for a "pulling out" joke, with a side of "twisted" as well.

In both flats that I've had, most ceiling lights involved screwing of some sorts.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Agelastus

Quote from: garbon on October 24, 2016, 11:25:19 AM

In both flats that I've had, most ceiling lights involved screwing of some sorts.

Multiple turns as in an Edison screw or twist and lock as in a bayonet cap?

I think the only Edison screw fittings in my house are the ones for the fridge light and in an old Bedside lamp.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

garbon

Quote from: Agelastus on October 24, 2016, 11:54:06 AM

I think the only Edison screw fittings in my house are the ones for the fridge light and in an old Bedside lamp.

Both.

Agelastus

Quote from: garbon on October 24, 2016, 11:55:48 AM
Quote from: Agelastus on October 24, 2016, 11:54:06 AM

Both.

One flat Edison screw, one flat Bayonet cap?

Or a modern "mixture", stylish but logistically silly given human nature (you'll always have the wrong type as a spare.)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Zanza

Quote from: Brazen on October 24, 2016, 09:23:18 AM

Pretty likely. In CETA's case it was the stupidity of the German government that wanted to have a parliamentarian vote on something that should clearly be the prerogative of the EU commission and not of national parliaments. Theoretically, article 50 just needs a qualified majority voting in the Council and a consent (I assume a simple majority?) by the EU parliament. Let's see. I can't find whether the bilaterals with Switzerland were subject to a ratification of the member states.

Zanza

The Brain

Raped his house? Really?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.