Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Drakken

Quote from: LaCroix on June 23, 2016, 11:06:54 PM
:hmm: how do you figure?

Because UK is not coming back, and in fact Italy, France, and Ireland might be among the next.

LaCroix

Quote from: Drakken on June 23, 2016, 11:08:14 PMBecause UK is not coming back, and in fact Italy, France, and Ireland might be among the next.

reread my post

Phillip V

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Phillip V on June 23, 2016, 11:11:06 PM
Dow futures now down over 600 points. :o

http://money.cnn.com/data/afterhours/

That belongs in my "Summer 2016 UK Political Crisis Megathread". thread here:
http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,14053.new.html#new

Though you could always start the 'Summer 2016 Global Economic Crisis' thread if you wish.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Agelastus

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 23, 2016, 11:13:07 PM
Chuka Umuna :wub:

Has he said something useful? I still haven't forgotten his massive loss of nerve back during Labour's leadership election.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 23, 2016, 11:13:07 PM
Chuka Umuna :wub:

He could make a good replacement for Corbyn, but he'd fail the test of not being from the metropolitan set by a country mile, so to speak.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zoupa

Holy fucking shit. Is this really happening????

I'm stunned...

Drakken

Quote from: Zoupa on June 23, 2016, 11:20:34 PM
Holy fucking shit. Is this really happening????

I'm stunned...

Yep. It is.

11B4V

Haven't paid attention to this and don't care.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Drakken

I must admit, I myself today, fully expected Remain to win. That would be just like Quebec in 1995, that some Leavers would switch to Remain right facing the ballot.

Boy I was wrong.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Drakken

Sinn Fein openly daydreaming about Brexit leading to the reunion of Ireland.  :lmfao:

Zoupa

Quote from: Drakken on June 23, 2016, 11:24:55 PM
Sinn Fein openly daydreaming about the Brexit leading to the reunion of Ireland.  :lmfao:

Why not? This throws the game wide open.

fromtia

Stunned. A triumph for little englanders and Nigel Farage.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.