News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2016

Started by grumbler, February 09, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on October 01, 2016, 02:06:06 PM
On the bright side you have to be pretty good on offense to suffer three blocked extra points in one half!

Gilbert for interim HC!  :P

Valmy

Wow this is even worse than the Cal game.

Well I was wrong. I thought they would be much better than last year. New offense, new hotshot QB, improved defense, etc....

Instead they are actually worse. How is that possible? I don't recall Charlie Strong being known for such poor attention to detail and bad defense but it is sure the trademark of his Texas teams.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

I don't remember hearing anything like that about him either.

It's definitely a problem when you have a defensive minded coach with an ultra bad defense. 

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 01, 2016, 02:44:35 PM
I don't remember hearing anything like that about him either.

It's definitely a problem when you have a defensive minded coach with an ultra bad defense. 

It is more than just that though. The constant stupid penalties. The bizarre game management. The atrocious special teams.

Just...how? His tenure is going to be real short unless somehow three years of tendencies get turned around soon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Even with all the other dumbassery, you've got to expect a D coach to have at least a pretty good defense.  Maybe just solidly mediocre? :lol: We're talking about giving up 30 a game (against not UTEP) being an improvement over the cold dog shit they're putting out there right now.

I don't think there are going to be any significant changes, and I think he's going to be gone.  Bummer, since he seems like an awesome guy, but it's just not going to work out in Austin.  It would be cool to be wrong, but vOv

Valmy

No his squad gave up 390 yards on 39 plays in the first quarter. I mean that is just sad.

The thing that solidly turned me against him was punting while behind late in the fourth quarter for the last two weeks when offense is the strength of his team. Especially against Cal when it was a one score game. That is just being a loser and I want no part of that at UT.

MadBurgerMaker

Yeah that was some crazy "lean on the defense" type shit in games where the defense is only putting up slightly more resistance than air.  There's no way they were going to suddenly turn into the 85 Bears and start kicking ass all over the place.  Just more of the bizarro decisions you were talking about earlier.

So who's your preference as a replacement?  Herman?

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 01, 2016, 03:08:22 PM

So who's your preference as a replacement?  Herman?

Sure? LSU and USC have already expressed interest so who knows if he would even want to coach in Austin. We'll see.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on October 01, 2016, 03:09:45 PM
Sure? LSU and USC have already expressed interest so who knows if he would even want to coach in Austin. We'll see.

Well yeah, there's no way to know who would actually accept and all that.  I don't even really know who's really out there outside of Herman at this point.  I don't count rumor type guys like Fisher and Dantonio. 

CountDeMoney

I'm sorry you guys are Texas fans.   :(

MadBurgerMaker

No worries!  We can just queue up the opening game W and forget the latest loss for a while.  :)

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 01, 2016, 03:21:13 PM

Well I kind of got a degree from there. So do both my parents. You might want to try that...being a fan of the school you went to.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 01, 2016, 03:30:31 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 01, 2016, 03:21:13 PM

Well I kind of got a degree from there. So do both my parents. You might want to try that...being a fan of the school you went to.

I am.  They just don't play anybody of consequence, except derspeiss' Blue Hens.  :lol:

But I meant being a fan these days, they have fallen on hard times.  :(  But your punk ass bitch cunt sensitivity has been noted, punk ass bitch cunt.   :)

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 01, 2016, 03:32:20 PM
But your punk ass bitch cunt sensitivity has been noted, punk ass bitch cunt.   :)

Oh come on. Like you don't give me shit constantly :lol:

Fine fine.

CountDeMoney

It is rather disheartening to see them like this, and I really like Charlie Strong.  College football is better with a good Texas.  #EricMetcalfWouldveScoredThere