News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2016

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 07, 2016, 12:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Tribe wins!  Just one more to go.  Taint does not apply because he spelled it "Cleavland".  And no take-backs.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PRC

Quote from: derspiess on October 17, 2016, 10:55:50 PM
Tribe wins!  Just one more to go.  Taint does not apply because he spelled it "Cleavland".  And no take-backs.

Toronto needs a real drone strike to get out of this one.

CountDeMoney

Fuck it;  they're playing a Canadian team, so their cause is just. 

Stupid Canadian baseball and their 3 base fields.  Weirdos.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 17, 2016, 10:58:07 PM

I want to get upset and argue with you... but the Jays were never my team, so fuck 'em.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

:lmfao:

That's a great question, why don't we have Canadian Baseball?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 18, 2016, 09:15:32 AM

:lmfao:

That's a great question, why don't we have Canadian Baseball?

Because between 3-down football and 5-pin bowling we have enough oddball sports, don't you think?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

I thought the Giants were an abberation, but since the steroid ban baseball players all look kind of normal sized.

Admiral Yi

Cubs suck! Cubs suck!

Bleh.

Admiral Yi

Cubs are OK! Cubs are OK!

derspiess

Exactly.  Cubs down 2 games to 1 = PANIC

Cubs come back to tie series = THEY'VE ALREADY WON THE WORLD SERIES

Also, Congrats Indians and BA.  Indians get back to the World Series the same year my kid plays for a Little League Indians team.  Coincidence?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

The Cubs fans are just a little intense.

The Indians used to have a very passionate and neurotic fan base but they seem to have cooled over the years. I think the Cavs winning it somehow soothed whatever complex Cleveland had.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

This cubs team is one of the best I've ever seen.  Right up there with the 98 Yankees.  But it's the playoffs, anyone can lose a 7 game series especially when the other side has Kershaw around.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Alright so social media is calling for Charlie Sheen to throw out the first pitch at the World Series dressed up as his character from the movie Major League. So that's a cool idea.

But what I really thought was cool from the article about it was this: http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17849635/charlie-sheen-wild-thing-throw-ceremonial-first-pitch-world-series

QuoteThe real Cleveland Indians, who overcame injuries to win the AL Central, before knocking off Boston and Toronto in the playoffs, took a page from "Major League" this season.

Slugger Mike Napoli and second baseman Jason Kipnis constructed a shrine in an empty clubhouse stall between their lockers like one in the movie. In the film, character Pedro Cerrano practices Voodoo and prays to an idol named, "Jobu" to help him hit curveballs.

Like Cerrano, Napoli and Kipnis have their own "Jobu" and have left gifts, including small bottles of rum and cigars, to keep them out of hitting slumps.

Now I know major league ballplayers love that movie so this might be a common thing, but that is pretty awesome.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."