News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2016

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 07, 2016, 12:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Great game, in spite of that jagaloon Blue Jays fan throwing the can of beer on the field.  Don't want to jinx it, but I'm rooting for the non-Canadian team.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2016, 10:00:55 PM
Great game, in spite of that jagaloon Blue Jays fan throwing the can of beer on the field.  Don't want to jinx it, but I'm rooting for the non-Canadian team.

Don't make me root for the Jays. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

That's it.

Go Blue Jays Go!

(going down to bottom of 11.  These wild card games are intense.  Reminds me a little of the 2014 Wild Card with the Royals-As (albeit without the wild 8th and 9th inning comeback)

Valmy

Man so much for two teams who love to smash the home run. This is nerve wracking as hell. I hate it when the Orioles are in extra innings on the road :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

I had a bad feeling about Jiminez there. Fuck.

Oh well. RIP 2016 Orioles you had a good run.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Valmy if I were you I'd blame Ed.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on October 04, 2016, 10:20:30 PM

I was just trying to avoid saying Orioles to keep from jinxing them.  Didn't work :(

But anyway, there's nothing like MLB playoffs.  Such an electric atmosphere-- the crowd hangs on every pitch.  Forgot what it was like not to have the Cardinals in the playoffs.  Kind of relaxing in a way.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

I had plenty of not going to playoffs between Armando Benitez blowing that lead to Cleveland and 2012.

Baltimore really needed that game to be at home though. That damn sweep by Boston.

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2016, 10:45:13 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 04, 2016, 10:20:30 PM

I was just trying to avoid saying Orioles to keep from jinxing them.  Didn't work :(

But anyway, there's nothing like MLB playoffs.  Such an electric atmosphere-- the crowd hangs on every pitch.  Forgot what it was like not to have the Cardinals in the playoffs.  Kind of relaxing in a way.

As I've well established, I feel like a newbie in postseason baseball, not really having paid attention until the last two years.  Yes, there's nothing like the atmosphere - everything can change in a single pitch.  Pretty cool to watch.

PRC

Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2016, 10:34:43 PM

How the fuck did Britton not get on the mound?

derspiess

Quote from: PRC on October 05, 2016, 12:19:07 AM

That's what everyone's talking about this morning.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on October 05, 2016, 08:19:34 AM
Quote from: PRC on October 05, 2016, 12:19:07 AM

That's what everyone's talking about this morning.

I was surprised he was not brought in in the 10th and they just rode him until they won.

But hey emptying the bullpen is what being a big league manager is all about.

Valmy

The thing that fills me with more angst this morning than Zach not getting in there in extra innings is more Bourn's missing the ball on that liner by Pillar. If he makes that play Britton is on for the save in the 9th.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on October 04, 2016, 10:34:48 PM
Valmy if I were you I'd blame Ed.

I caused the extinction of the Dinosaurs also.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive