News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2016

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 07, 2016, 12:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Tim, are you rooting for the Cubs to go all the way now?  Please say yes.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

There you go, Yi.  Tied 5-5 in the 9th
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Sophie Scholl

What a collapse.  Wow.  Now to wait on tomorrow's Dodgers/Nats game. 
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Yay, Brooklyn.  Fuck the Senators.

Sophie Scholl

I didn't realize that Dodgers is short for Trolley Dodgers till reading an old Indians book.  Kind of cool.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

alfred russel

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 11, 2016, 11:27:21 PM
What a collapse.  Wow.  Now to wait on tomorrow's Dodgers/Nats game.

a black guy is president, a woman is about to be, and the cubs really might win the world series.  :hmm:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Well you couldn't expect the Giants' weird even year streak to go on forever.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 11, 2016, 10:27:38 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 11, 2016, 09:40:47 AM
Fuck the Red Sox, fuck Ortiz and fuck all Red Sox fans, you useless racist shits.

What a depressing end to a great regular season. :weep:

Shut up, Meg
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Anyone know how a six foot seven black Cuban defector who never throws under 100 ended up with the last name "Chapman?"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on October 11, 2016, 10:39:19 PM
Tim, are you rooting for the Cubs to go all the way now?  Please say yes.

I know you're just baiting me, but I must tell the truth. I am.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

The Tribe is Taint free! :showoff:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 13, 2016, 12:16:07 AM
The Tribe is Taint free! :showoff:

I want Cleavland to win the ALCS and then lose in the World Series.  :P
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Cubs lose!

Kershaw was unhitable.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 12, 2016, 07:13:42 PM
Anyone know how a six foot seven black Cuban defector who never throws under 100 ended up with the last name "Chapman?"

His grandfather was from Jamaica.