And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2016

Started by mongers, December 20, 2015, 09:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: alfred russel 69387661
My "go on holiday" diet plan never fails. I dropped several k

I don't think eating one meal a day is the best method to lose weight. Three small meals would be better.

Easier said than done. Cooking small meals is tough and expensive.
This way seems to be working. I'm steadily continuing to drop. Though I think I may have lost what muscle I had in the process, went to the gym for the first time in a while and couldn't lift much. Oh well. Losing the gut takes priority.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 26, 2016, 02:58:47 PM
I mentioned this in the other forum but I don't think I posted here.  A few weeks ago I started riding my bike to work.  Its a bit of a climb coming home but I have come to really enjoy it.  Also I have dropped a lot of weight.  I am going to wait a few more weeks and then have my suits back to the tailor to have them resized  :D

It has now been a couple of months of bike commuting.  It has been great.  I have stopped losing weight and am down about 20 lbs.  Only about 15 lbs more than my weight when I played varsity round ball so I am happy about that :)

Liep

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 01, 2016, 09:27:35 AM
I mentioned this in the other forum but I don't think I posted here.  A few weeks ago I started riding my bike to work.  Its a bit of a climb coming home but I have come to really enjoy it.  Also I have dropped a lot of weight.  I am going to wait a few more weeks and then have my suits back to the tailor to have them resized  :D

It has now been a couple of months of bike commuting.  It has been great.  I have stopped losing weight and am down about 20 lbs.  Only about 15 lbs more than my weight when I played varsity round ball so I am happy about that :)

Well done! Round ball though? Is it similar to rundbold?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

:cool:

Integrating exercise into ones general life is a pretty good way of making permanent worthwhile changes, rather than keeping exercise as something distinct that you have to actively decide go and do at special facility/location.

I bet your wife isn't complaining either.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: Liep on August 01, 2016, 09:39:49 AM

Well done! Round ball though? Is it similar to rundbold?

Slang for Basketball  :)

Quote from: mongers on August 01, 2016, 09:51:18 AM
I bet your wife isn't complaining either.  :P

Nope, no complaints at all  :D

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Bumping to hopefully motivate myself. :P

I haven't made any progress since dropping 35 pounds between April and September last year, but I haven't backslid either.  I have been terrible about consistently lifting, though.

mongers

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on August 10, 2016, 01:35:39 PM
Bumping to hopefully motivate myself. :P

I haven't made any progress since dropping 35 pounds between April and September last year, but I haven't backslid either.  I have been terrible about consistently lifting, though.

Good bump.

Ideologue

Quote from: alfred russel on July 30, 2016, 01:08:24 PM
I'm also have this bump on the inside of my shin - the same one with the broken ankle - about 4 inches above the ankle. It predates the break by a couple months (when I sprained the same ankle is when I noticed it).

The orthopedic doctor x-rayed it and said nothing is wrong, and my primary care doctor said it is bone that healed "extra high" from a previous injury and nothing is wrong. Ok, they went to med school, but pain is really concentrated there as well.

It really seems to me that it might be a bad shin splint. Anyone had something like this?

I used to get 'em when I was a kid, but I've never had one as an adult.

Sorry about your ankle, man.  On the plus side, it's marginally possible I'd outrun you up Mt. Mitchell now. :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on August 12, 2016, 08:34:27 PM
I'm also have this bump on the inside of my shin - the same one with the broken ankle - about 4 inches above the ankle. It predates the break by a couple months (when I sprained the same ankle is when I noticed it).

The orthopedic doctor x-rayed it and said nothing is wrong, and my primary care doctor said it is bone that healed "extra high" from a previous injury and nothing is wrong. Ok, they went to med school, but pain is really concentrated there as well.

It really seems to me that it might be a bad shin splint. Anyone had something like this?

Sorry about your ankle, man.  On the plus side, it's marginally possible I'd outrun you up Mt. Mitchell now. :hmm:

I made it up Mount Rainier, though I aggravated my ankle and the last half of the descent turned into a trainwreck (though I made it down). I'm back in an aircast. If you can walk at a normal pace, you would blow by me at this point.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on August 12, 2016, 09:45:34 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 12, 2016, 08:34:27 PM

I made it up Mount Rainier, though I aggravated my ankle and the last half of the descent turned into a trainwreck (though I made it down). I'm back in an aircast. If you can walk at a normal pace, you would blow by me at this point.  :P

Now rest and properly recuperate.

celedhring

Irresponsibility rules.  :thumbsup:

Sometimes.

Maladict

Quote from: alfred russel on August 12, 2016, 09:45:34 PM

mongers

Did 50km yesterday evening out to one of my favourite hill forts in Dorset, lots of noodly off-road, so the very dry countryside made it quite tiring due to rock hard ground and lots of loose gravel.  :bowler:

Maladict

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on August 15, 2016, 03:10:33 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 15, 2016, 06:07:05 AM
one of my favourite hill forts in Dorset

Which one?

Not one of the classic scenic ones like Maiden Castle, Hod or Hambleon hill, but this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badbury_Rings

It's at least useful as two roman road cross at it, so it's a good jumping off point for a more adventurous longer off-road ride or a nice country walk.