News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

The plant is called RAPE.
How can this oil be good when it's made of rape?
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josquius on July 22, 2024, 02:45:35 PMYeah, typical mix in a few truths with moans about something you've decided is woke and bad. In this case vegetarians.

Also hate it when they complain about kids playing video games instead of playing outside. That's the fault of their rotten lot.
They made the world this way.
The change even since I was a kid has been pretty horrid and America has it far worse

It doesn't matter whose fault it is, the fact that it has occurred is the problem.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josquius on July 22, 2024, 04:40:25 PMThe plant is called RAPE.
How can this oil be good when it's made of rape?

It used to be called Rapeseed oil.  That branding change necessary.

Josquius

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 22, 2024, 04:41:14 PM
Quote from: Josquius on July 22, 2024, 02:45:35 PMYeah, typical mix in a few truths with moans about something you've decided is woke and bad. In this case vegetarians.

Also hate it when they complain about kids playing video games instead of playing outside. That's the fault of their rotten lot.
They made the world this way.
The change even since I was a kid has been pretty horrid and America has it far worse

It doesn't matter whose fault it is, the fact that it has occurred is the problem.

It needs fixing absolutely. Placing blame is pointless. Much of it was indeed simply mistaken good faith decisions or even ignorance.

But these people still actively support the policies that fucked things up so much and throw a fit at any attempt to inch things back in the direction of kids being able to play outside again - see the rage over low traffic neighbourhoods.

In their head kids are playing inside because they're weak and degenerate and the parents are lazy.
That they've created a world where playing outside is dangerous. Where theres been some stories from the US of parents  even being arrested for letting kids out alone...
This kind of backwards self defeating logic is annoying.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Savonarola

Quote from: Syt on July 24, 2024, 10:14:54 AM

:lol:

I learned from Elizabeth David's "Italian Food" (published in that era) that ice (in large quantities) could only be gotten at fishmongers, the French were thought to use heavy sauces because their produce was inferior and ice cream was an ideal digestif.   :bowler:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

crazy canuck

I guess olive oil use for thousands of years skipped the 50s?

grumbler

Lots of moronic things are published on the internet every day.  We don't need to see them, let alone see them without context so that we don't even know who to laugh at.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 24, 2024, 10:50:54 AMI guess olive oil use for thousands of years skipped the 50s?

Well this looks British and I have no doubt the cuisine was in a dire state back then.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on July 24, 2024, 11:19:21 AMLots of moronic things are published on the internet every day.  We don't need to see them, let alone see them without context so that we don't even know who to laugh at.

This is about as much context as I can provide: https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1025315582311089&set=gm.4101400513430721&idorvanity=1613657848871679

Well, plus my sister sharing it without further comment.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on July 24, 2024, 11:27:11 AM
Quote from: grumbler on July 24, 2024, 11:19:21 AMLots of moronic things are published on the internet every day.  We don't need to see them, let alone see them without context so that we don't even know who to laugh at.

This is about as much context as I can provide: https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1025315582311089&set=gm.4101400513430721&idorvanity=1613657848871679

I apologize for my snark.  I had lost track of the thread I was in.  Your post was perfectly in line with this thread's purpose, and mine was not.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Zanza

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on July 24, 2024, 11:20:40 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 24, 2024, 10:50:54 AMI guess olive oil use for thousands of years skipped the 50s?

Well this looks British and I have no doubt the cuisine was in a dire state back then.
In the 1950's there was still rationing in Britain.  I can't imagine anyone was nostalgic for that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on July 24, 2024, 11:32:41 AM
Quote from: Syt on July 24, 2024, 11:27:11 AM

I apologize for my snark.  I had lost track of the thread I was in.  Your post was perfectly in line with this thread's purpose, and mine was not.

No worries. :) I regularly comment in a thread and then realize that I posted my response in the wrong tropic :D
—Stephen Jay Gould