And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass shooting in San Bernadino

Started by Syt, December 02, 2015, 02:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Berkut on December 04, 2015, 02:41:37 PM
Uh huh.

Are you implying that some people commit suicide for mental health reasons or for reasons of temporary weakness, and by addressing those reasons it would be possible to lower the number of suicides without interfering with people's liberties?

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on December 04, 2015, 08:40:24 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 04, 2015, 08:37:36 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 04, 2015, 08:25:24 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 04, 2015, 03:40:23 PM
FBI is investigating the case as terrorism.

'Bout time they came out with that.

Seedy, dust off your snub nosed six shooter from the closet. This is only the beginning.

Time to open carry my SKS! :w00t:
:lol: IAW open carry laws of course.

I'm clear!

I'm ready!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Is Trump going to kill their families?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on December 04, 2015, 08:41:08 PM
Uh huh.

Are you implying that some people commit suicide for mental health reasons or for reasons of temporary weakness, and by addressing those reasons it would be possible to lower the number of suicides without interfering with people's liberties?

I know personally two people who have committed suicide with handguns.  One was a retired Army colonel, the father of my then-fiance, who was faced with the recurrence of his liver cancer, and couldn't bear to put his wife through another round of chemo and radiation and himself suffer all that pain, only to die in the end.  The other was a former student who suffered from a psychiatric disorder that was only intermittently treatable by drugs, suffered a breakdown, killed his father in a paranoid rage, and couldn't live with the guilt and the knowledge that he might (despite medical care) do it again.  I consider both of those deaths to be merciful, though neither would qualify for any kind of medical assisted suicide even if the law allowed it.   So, I'm not so quick to say that suicide is a bad thing.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

sbr

Razgovory

Uh huh.

That would be rather difficult.  Addressing mental health issues or "temporary weakness", may very well interfere with those people's liberties.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

Uh huh.

If you want me to respond to your question, please ask it outside the context of grumblers strawman. I am more than happy to discuss it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

I also liked that after they shot the dude dead, they handcuffed him.

CountDeMoney

Still have to follow custodial procedures while effecting the arrest of a suspect.  Whether or not he's dead, that's the EMTs problem.

Ed Anger

That Chicago cop would have kept firing.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 04, 2015, 09:18:52 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 02, 2015, 11:13:29 PM
Not clips stupid cnn broad. Magazines.

Lulz, not so fast, Pyle.

She said that way before those photos were released. Also she was talking about witness accounts from the initial attack at the center.

Your rusty. Swing and a miss. Try again please. :blurgh:

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on December 04, 2015, 09:51:08 PM
Swing and a miss. Try again please.

You've risen to new levels of cuntiness.  Did that come with the collar pins?

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 04, 2015, 09:53:57 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 04, 2015, 09:51:08 PM
Swing and a miss. Try again please.

You've risen to new levels of cuntiness.  Did that come with the collar pins?

It's in my job requirement as Patrol Captain. 

Besides after twelve years on this site, I learned from the best. :worthy:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 04, 2015, 09:37:26 PM
Still have to follow custodial procedures while effecting the arrest of a suspect.  Whether or not he's dead, that's the EMTs problem.

:yes: :yes: