Main Menu

Mass shooting in San Bernadino

Started by Syt, December 02, 2015, 02:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on December 03, 2015, 08:03:32 PM
Quote from: grumbler on December 03, 2015, 05:57:38 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 03, 2015, 01:13:40 PM
Just interesting to see the build-up of speculation, if not outright hope that it was crazy rightwingers wot dun it. Seedy was near orgasmic once he thought he had connected all the pieces. Lolz CRIME EXPERT

This seems to be an interesting constant among the right-wingers:  that all speculation that this wasn't an Islamist attack was part of some conspiracy to pin the attack on right wingers.  It's a fascinating phenomenon.

To be painfully pedantic, any Islamist attack is, by definition, an attack by right-wingers.

So where would you put Moonies, Hindus, scientologists and Anglicans on that spectrum of yours?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: mongers on December 03, 2015, 08:08:05 PM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on December 03, 2015, 08:03:32 PM
Just interesting to see the build-up of speculation, if not outright hope that it was crazy rightwingers wot dun it. Seedy was near orgasmic once he thought he had connected all the pieces. Lolz CRIME EXPERT

This seems to be an interesting constant among the right-wingers:  that all speculation that this wasn't an Islamist attack was part of some conspiracy to pin the attack on right wingers.  It's a fascinating phenomenon.

To be painfully pedantic, any Islamist attack is, by definition, an attack by right-wingers.

So where would you put Moonies, Hindus, scientologists and Anglicans on that spectrum of yours?

It depends on whether they're religious fundamentalists.  :P
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

derspiess

I said nothing of a conspiracy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on December 03, 2015, 08:08:05 PM

Capitalists. :yeah:

Razgovory

It is remarkable how quick conservatives have gone from "how dare you politicize this", to "how dare you say this isn't politics!".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on December 03, 2015, 09:25:53 PM
It is remarkable how quick conservatives have gone from "how dare you politicize this", to "how dare you say this isn't politics!".

Who's doing that?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 03, 2015, 12:57:16 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 02, 2015, 09:00:18 PM
Dead man and dead woman, lots of guns, lots of tactical gear with rumors of pipe bombs.  Breaching an address now with a po-po RV. 

I'm calling workplace violence, crazy white people-style, let's McVeigh this shit up.  Gang-related, a distant 2nd.   

Don't quit your day job.

"Workplace violence, crazy white people-style" = workplace violence in the style of crazy white people, and is therefore not restricted solely to white people. 

I'm still waiting for the big Islamofesto explaining how all this was to smite the infidels by the will of Allah, though.  I know you prefer your favorite minorities to play strictly to type and not improvise, but so far this one hasn't kept the crayons inside the lines.

derspiess

CountDeMoney

derspiess

About it being white people and not Islamists.  And don't hide behind that "-style" thing.  That's more pathetic than the Ravens defense this year.

CountDeMoney

I suppose cultural appropriation can cloud these things.  Because when I hear "tactical gear" early in reports about a mass shooting, I certainly think Cambodians.

LOL, and Ravens defense.  Bengals start stringing together a decent season together with a Planned Parenthood shooting, and you're friskier than your wedding night, derbabyfucker.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2015, 09:42:54 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 03, 2015, 12:57:16 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 02, 2015, 09:00:18 PM
Dead man and dead woman, lots of guns, lots of tactical gear with rumors of pipe bombs.  Breaching an address now with a po-po RV. 

I'm calling workplace violence, crazy white people-style, let's McVeigh this shit up.  Gang-related, a distant 2nd.   

Don't quit your day job.

"Workplace violence, crazy white people-style" = workplace violence in the style of crazy white people, and is therefore not restricted solely to white people. 

I'm still waiting for the big Islamofesto explaining how all this was to smite the infidels by the will of Allah, though.  I know you prefer your favorite minorities to play strictly to type and not improvise, but so far this one hasn't kept the crayons inside the lines.

Thanks for playing.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

:lol:  Anyway if there's anyone giddy about a Planned Parenthood shooting, it's you.