News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass shooting in San Bernadino

Started by Syt, December 02, 2015, 02:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Just interesting to see the build-up of speculation, if not outright hope that it was crazy rightwingers wot dun it. Seedy was near orgasmic once he thought he had connected all the pieces. Lolz CRIME EXPERT
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on December 03, 2015, 01:13:40 PM
Just interesting to see the build-up of speculation, if not outright hope that it was crazy rightwingers wot dun it. Seedy was near orgasmic once he thought he had connected all the pieces. Lolz CRIME EXPERT

I would vastly prefer my fellow white dudes would quit going nuts and murdering a bunch of people. It makes us look bad.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2015, 01:11:39 PM
Yeah they fled the scene. If they had blown themselves up or locked themselves inside with hostages then I would have thought Islamists.

9/11 aside, I think most Islamist attacks we've seen in the US had the attackers trying to get away.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2015, 01:15:44 PM

I would vastly prefer my fellow white dudes would quit going nuts and murdering a bunch of people. It makes us look bad.

Yet you still jump to conclusions.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on December 03, 2015, 01:18:05 PM

Nonsense I made no conclusions.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Seemed to be your working theory at least.

Malthus

Heh, isn't it a sign of cultural integration and the transformative power of American culture if Muslims in America start obsessing about guns, going postal, and murdering their fellow workers - just like their non-Muslim fellow citizens?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

I spared you all the lecture this time, but this is why you don't start making wild ass guesses about suspects until you have, you know, actual facts to rely on.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on December 03, 2015, 01:21:42 PM

Heh, isn't it a sign of cultural integration and the transformative power of American culture if Muslims in America start obsessing about guns, going postal, and murdering their fellow workers - just like their non-Muslim fellow citizens?  ;)

Like that was so rare in their countries of origin.

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on December 03, 2015, 01:23:40 PM
Like that was so rare in their countries of origin.

Actually, I would not be surprised if it was: actual murders in the ME tend to be outgrowths of ethnic and/or religious hatreds, or deliberate terrorism concerning the same. Not sure how common the 'going postal' style of murdering annoying co-workers is.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on December 03, 2015, 01:21:23 PM

I am just babbling with my buds on Languish. My working theory changed as more evidence was presented. But why wouldn't I think what I thought? It fit the profile and I am not in Law enforcement where I would have some sort of professional obligation to do otherwise.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2015, 01:28:48 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 03, 2015, 01:21:23 PM

I am just babbling with my buds on Languish. My working theory changed as more evidence was presented. But why wouldn't I think what I thought? It fit the profile and I am not in Law enforcement where I would have some sort of professional obligation to do otherwise.

I guess I just don't see the mounds of misleading evidence you saw.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on December 03, 2015, 01:53:38 PM
I guess I just don't see the mounds of misleading evidence you saw.

My condolences for your vision issues. I think we mentioned them already.