Shootings and explosions in Paris

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2015, 04:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: frunk on March 21, 2016, 06:47:25 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 21, 2016, 06:42:28 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 21, 2016, 03:55:35 AM
The "easiest" for Europeans to do is what FN and Wilders say we should do -

That's not going to be the easiest. Reversing islamisation of Europe is going to be a hard long slog with lots of violence.
The easiest course of action is going forward as we are and having our societies turn muslim one small step at a time. Easiest for us of course, and our children and grandchildren be damned.

That's why I prefer the "least thought" formulation.  Too many people coming?  Get rid of them!

you know the situation is getting dire when solutions like that make a return.

the stupidity of it all. Take antwerp for example: The mayor is currently both the most popular and most hated politician of country (depending on position on political spectrum). When recently reports emerged that in certain boroughs up to 80% of the children were of islamic-migrant (usually moroccan) descent some of his detractors couldn't hide their Delight (the mayor is after all rightwing and thus worse than Hitler). Of course these same people forgot to think about what this would mean for the survival of the progressive values they hold dear...

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on March 21, 2016, 03:40:43 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 21, 2016, 03:38:05 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 21, 2016, 03:33:58 AM
Ah, so I guess it's "Immigrants are great and if they aren't, it's Western white man's fault". Yeah, this one is very good - you can feel smug no matter the reality.

Why don't you make a deal?  They take a stand against immigrants in exchange for recriminalizing homosexuality?  That way we get intolerance for all.

Immigrants are the most violently homophobic people in Europe at the moment, so sorry, no dice.

Can't help but get the feeling that now you are comfortable that gay rights are protected you just want to pull up the lifeboats.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

No, I just realised that the left has been making a horrible (and potentially suicidal) mistake by equating rights of women and gays with rights of muslims. Islam represents the most anti-women and anti-gay ideology in the world right now - much worse than the Western Christian Patriarchy the left has spent decades fighting. Only because some culture is so shitty it is an underdog it does not mean one should support it - it's like preferring human-sacrificing Aztecs over Spanish conquistadors.

Berkut

The ultra-left's bizarre and seemingly automatic siding with the underdog, regardless of how odious said underdog might be, is a rather odd thing.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jaron

Yup.

Letting Muslims into your countries because you feel bad for them is like letting rats into your homes because they are cute and fuzzy.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Berkut

Quote from: Berkut on March 21, 2016, 11:05:41 AM
The ultra-left's bizarre and seemingly automatic siding with the underdog, regardless of how odious said underdog might be, is a rather odd thing.

Just to be clear - I am NOT siding with Marty's stance here. I don't think closing borders is practical or useful.

0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Jaron on March 21, 2016, 11:05:47 AM
Yup.

Letting Muslims into your countries because you feel bad for them is like letting rats into your homes because they are cute and fuzzy.

:jaron:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

I liked how in history class there would be this rush to idealize whomever the losers were from the leftists. Like some French Huguenot would be all noble one week but then would go slaughter some Irishmen and suddenly ooooh so bad. Same dudes serving the same cause...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on March 21, 2016, 10:56:35 AM
No, I just realised that the left has been making a horrible (and potentially suicidal) mistake by equating rights of women and gays with rights of muslims. Islam represents the most anti-women and anti-gay ideology in the world right now - much worse than the Western Christian Patriarchy the left has spent decades fighting. Only because some culture is so shitty it is an underdog it does not mean one should support it - it's like preferring human-sacrificing Aztecs over Spanish conquistadors.

You are confusing toleration with support.  Also, your attitude has gone beyond just Muslims recently...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on March 21, 2016, 11:07:28 AM

Just to be clear - I am NOT siding with Marty's stance here. I don't think closing borders is practical or useful.

There has to be a humane and reasonable way to handle refugees. I mean these refugee crises happen pretty regularly yet everybody is always caught by surprise.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on March 21, 2016, 11:09:58 AM

There has to be a humane and reasonable way to handle refugees. I mean these refugee crises happen pretty regularly yet everybody is always caught by surprise.

I think the details are pretty much always something of a surprise. Where they are coming from, where they are going, what they want, etc., etc.

Also, the "plan" when there isn't a crisis always amounts to "Avoid the crisis!" because actually admitting that you would contemplate taking in hundreds of thousands or millions of refuges absent a crisis is almost certainly a political non-starter.

0 rows returned

Martinus

Since when this is my stance?  :huh:

My stance is:

1. Being concerned about Muslim immigration does not mean you are a racist.
2. There is a problem with Muslim immigration and until we recognise there is a problem, we will not be able to come up with an appropriate solution.
3. Also, until we recognise there is a problem, we will be pushing more and more people into the hands of right wing populists.

Edit: Admittedly, the fact is that "close off borders" is right now the only solution on the table - everything else is the establishment and the left having their heads deeply in their asses and saying there is nothing wrong and those who think something is wrong are racist xenophobes (like we have seen done in this thread over and over again).

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on March 21, 2016, 11:27:19 AM

Since when this is my stance?  :huh:

My stance is:

1. Being concerned about Muslim immigration does not mean you are a racist.
2. There is a problem with Muslim immigration and until we recognise there is a problem, we will not be able to come up with an appropriate solution.
3. Also, until we recognise there is a problem, we will be pushing more and more people into the hands of right wing populists.

If you're concerned about Muslim immigration separately and apart from immigration of other peoples and religions, it kind of does mean you're a bit racist.  You're specifically judging immigrants based on their ethnic background or religious belief. :mellow:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on March 21, 2016, 11:12:49 AM
I think the details are pretty much always something of a surprise. Where they are coming from, where they are going, what they want, etc., etc.

Also, the "plan" when there isn't a crisis always amounts to "Avoid the crisis!" because actually admitting that you would contemplate taking in hundreds of thousands or millions of refuges absent a crisis is almost certainly a political non-starter.

Well I disagree. When there are no actual refugees is the only time it is a political starter. What? I somebody going to be all 'the government preparing to be ready in a crisis? OUTRAGE!'

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on March 21, 2016, 11:31:39 AM
If you're concerned about Muslim immigration separately and apart from immigration of other peoples and religions, it kind of does mean you're a bit racist.  You're specifically judging immigrants based on their ethnic background or religious belief. :mellow:

Asking people to not judge others based on what they believe sounds pretty unreasonable.