Started by Duque de Bragança, August 21, 2015, 02:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

I think I'd have bought, borrowed or hired one for the occasion. :hmm:

Martinus

Razgovory

Quote from: Brazen on August 24, 2015, 11:00:12 AM
I think I'd have bought, borrowed or hired one for the occasion. :hmm:

I didn't think women normally wore ties.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on August 24, 2015, 12:18:07 PM
And Good God, the French are a tiny people.

Look he was Corsican and he was not actually short for his time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Martinus

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on August 24, 2015, 12:24:00 PM
Hollande?

After Chirac there is a constitutional requirement that every new president must be shorter than 5'8".
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

merithyn

Quote from: Martinus on August 24, 2015, 10:52:36 AM
Quote from: Brazen on August 24, 2015, 09:56:21 AM
You know, when you're receiving a nation's highest honour from the head of state, it's probably respectful to wear a suit and tie.

Americans :rolleyes:

Presumably those who were on vacation didn't pack suits just for the off side chance they would receive the Legion d'Honneur. :P

If one of them is the guy who lives in France, he is an asshole though. :P

The professor who lives in France - and got shot in the neck - is still in the hospital. He'll get his at a later date.

As for the suit comment... they're now French knights. I wanted suits of armor. :(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Tonitrus

Quote from: Martinus on August 24, 2015, 10:52:36 AM
Quote from: Brazen on August 24, 2015, 09:56:21 AM
You know, when you're receiving a nation's highest honour from the head of state, it's probably respectful to wear a suit and tie.

Americans :rolleyes:

Presumably those who were on vacation didn't pack suits just for the off side chance they would receive the Legion d'Honneur. :P

If one of them is the guy who lives in France, he is an asshole though. :P

The Airman needs a shave, though.  :mad:  :P

Valmy

QuoteAs for the suit comment... they're now French knights. I wanted suits of armor.

They should have at least dressed like the Chevalier de Saint-Georges

grumbler

Quote from: merithyn on August 24, 2015, 12:54:24 PM
As for the suit comment... they're now French knights. I wanted suits of armor. :(

The Legion of Honour doesn't convey a knighthood; the rank of Chevalier in the Legion is just that: a rank.  It doesn't convey nobility like a British knighthood does. The Catholic and Orthodox churches have Chevaliers, as well.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

I thought you had to get super-knighthood, a Baronetcy, in order to be considered nobility.

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on August 26, 2015, 09:11:02 AM
I thought you had to get super-knighthood, a Baronetcy, in order to be considered nobility.

How does a Republic go about creating nobles?  :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on August 26, 2015, 09:17:25 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 26, 2015, 09:11:02 AM

How does a Republic go about creating nobles?  :hmm:

I am talking about the UK.