Several injured in shooting on Amsterdam-Paris high-speed train

Started by Duque de Bragança, August 21, 2015, 02:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Legbiter, Barrister and Valmy = everyone? ;)

There are reports of a Frenchman who tried to "tackle" the gunman first, failed but this would have attracted the attention of the US servicemen.

DGuller

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 22, 2015, 07:56:47 PM
There are reports of a Frenchman who tried to "tackle" the gunman first, failed but this would have attracted the attention of the US servicemen.
So, the French guy got overpowered, ran away, and needed Americans and Brits to come to the rescue?  Well, that just broke a nice meme we had going.  :(

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on August 22, 2015, 08:19:11 PM
So, the French guy got overpowered, ran away, and needed Americans and Brits to come to the rescue?  Well, that just broke a nice meme we had going.  :(

:angry: You made this up.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

He didn't run away, he just retreated in an orderly manner.

PDH

He actually surrendered, then half felt like joining in with the attacker.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Monoriu

merithyn

He was an American living in France, and he's the one that got the AK-47 away from the attacker. He got shot in the back of the neck while moving away from the guy.

Still all American heroes... oh, and the Brit. :)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/5th-paris-train-hero-id-french-american-professor-article-1.2335351
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on August 24, 2015, 09:51:03 AM
He was an American living in France, and he's the one that got the AK-47 away from the attacker. He got shot in the back of the neck while moving away from the guy.

Well I bet you guys feel like shit now for your shameless Valmy trolling. YOU MONSTERS.

Brazen

You know, when you're receiving a nation's highest honour from the head of state, it's probably respectful to wear a suit and tie.

Americans :rolleyes:

Malthus

"How was the holiday in France? Funny you should ask ... "  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on August 24, 2015, 09:56:21 AM
You know, when you're receiving a nation's highest honour from the head of state, it's probably respectful to wear a suit and tie.

Americans :rolleyes:

Presumably those who were on vacation didn't pack suits just for the off side chance they would receive the Legion d'Honneur. :P

If one of them is the guy who lives in France, he is an asshole though. :P

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Anyway, I was going to ask whether perhaps the medal is not too high an honour, given that it is the highest order of the French Republic that a foreigner could get - but then I saw they gave it to Bono...

Martinus