News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Scratch that, actually.  Napoleon can't move any further since he didn't get an overrun.

Time to think what I want to do with those 2 CPs!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

I'll save them for now and, instead, use my + play to make Friedrich Wilhelm cry uncle :

QuoteFrance: France: Play Strategy card as Event

#92: 6 / Capitulation

Message from France:
A nation of your choice whose Capital is controlled surrenders immedately. Determine Duchies to be ceded with the normal Ceding die roll. Apply all Conquest consequences. Loss of both Capitals is required for Russian surrender. If no Capital or more than one nation's Capital is Enemy-controlled, a Neutral Proxy will not play this event.

Using for my + play. 2 CPs remaining. Targeting Prussia.

QuoteFrance: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 1

Message from France:
Rolling for the number of ceded duchies.

Napoleon withdraws from Berlin (which is given back to Prussia), heading to Posen.

Only two duchies ceded to French control.  I choose Breslau (forcing Yorck and pals to Regroup).  Grumbler picks another duchy for me.  Nassau, Brussels and Picardy are evacuated as well (all troops head to Regroup).

After that business, my final CPs are used :
5/6 - Napoleon and 6 CUs to Thorn.
6/6 - Same to Masuria.

Which brings us to Berkut's turn.  My preempt status is gone, now.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I am speechless.

Hey Russia. You have a problem.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Hill finally crushes the last of the Irish Rebels.

Wellington attacks the French garrison in Bordeaux, routing it, and taking control of Limoges and Toulon

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on May 11, 2009, 08:10:05 PM
Hill finally crushes the last of the Irish Rebels.

They're just going to rebel again in 100 years.  I don't know why you bother.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

France can have Masuria.

Luckily, the peace die roll is +2 this turn, so maybe we can end this thing.  I would enjoy seeing Russia get Rickrolled, but can live with the knowledge that it would have happened.

Well-played Habs.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Quote from: grumbler on May 11, 2009, 09:02:11 PM
Well-played Habs.

I have to disagree--my play was anything but.  Letting Austria through the gates of Milan really screwed me over and despite the fact that I knew you had Capitulation last turn, I didn't protect Spain well enough to avoid it.

This turn was practically handed to me due to the cards drawn--never mind the lucky conquest against Austria which bought me the time necessary.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

As far as I'm concerned the game died with the Spanish steam-rolling Charles in Western France.  :cry:
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on May 11, 2009, 07:52:07 PM
I am speechless.

Hey Russia. You have a problem.

No shit sherlock
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Well, he only has 2 cards. And with all the hige cards he's been dropping this turn, surely they are a couple 1 or 2 pointers.

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on May 12, 2009, 07:45:08 AM
Well, he only has 2 cards. And with all the hige cards he's been dropping this turn, surely they are a couple 1 or 2 pointers.

My brain is doing the math on how many cards he needs to take both moscow and st petersburg

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

There is only 1 way to find out. Play a card, see what happens.

0 rows returned

Viking

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

0 rows returned