News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: grumbler on April 29, 2009, 09:48:50 AM
No, our highly bureaucratic techno weenie has locked out pretty much all downloading and installation capabilities, along with such things as the ability to defragment drives, delete executables, and the like.

You can run CB from a USB drive with no install.

Quote from: grumbler on April 29, 2009, 09:48:50 AM
Also, I can't access the whateverhorse web site for the card play, because it is locked from our firewall because it contains the word "game."  ironically, sites like addictinggames.com are not locked out.

Odd, but what proxies were made for.

Berkut

Britain: Sweden: Play Strategy card as Event#57: 3 / Up from the Ranks

Message from Britain:
Place any out-of-play but available leader (except Poniatowski or Bernadotte) in his friendly Home or Associate Duchy. If played by a Neutral Proxy, the leader must be placed in the Neutral's capital. If no leader is available, the Neutral has 3 CPs instead.

This seems good.

Wellington finds himself in Dublin.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

The Danes decided to "pass" by drawing a card with their home card play.

The French, meanwhile, were very busy.  Davout's troops poured into Naples to cement the foundation of the Kingdom of Naples (earning a CU, a card and a resource for the Empire) while also seizing the fields of Ratisbon and reinforcing Napoleon's army in preparation for a descent on...someone.

Britain's up.  Note that after Britain's play, France now has pre-emption capability (only 1 reserve, 5 real cards in hand) unless they also play their reserve.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I play 4 Ops.

First attacks the French in Cork, get a win but no overrun.

2/4 Flag Cork
4/4: Build a unit in Cork

0 rows returned

Habbaku

France will make use of their pre-empt...to build an even larger card buffer.

QuoteFrance: France: Play Strategy card as Event

#71: 6 / Spithead & the Nore

Message from France:
Draw a random card from the British hand (if available) and one from the Draw Pile. Not playable by Britain.

Britain owes a card.  Austria's up, regardless.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on May 01, 2009, 12:03:22 AM
Jesus.

If it is turning Berkut to God then this must be going bad for him....
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

I'd say it's going bad for everyone but Prussia and Russia, at the moment.  We'll see what I can do about those two, though...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on May 01, 2009, 09:11:33 PM
I'd say it's going bad for everyone but Prussia and Russia, at the moment.  We'll see what I can do about those two, though...

Yeah, being outnumbered AND surrounded does suck a bit...

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Delirium

I played a 3 cp card to bring Spain to the next level (had a +1 from before).
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Viking

Russia gets a resource.

QuoteRussia: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 1

Message from Russia:
Holy Mother Russia. 3 or less for a resource.

grumbler

Sorry, guys, I got sucked into my school's "family service weekend" and spent the last two (rainy) days building a house for Habitats for Humanities.

I have't had time to keep up with the game, but guess that it is my turn.

Will do tomorrow when I get back from school.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Delirium

Sounds like a good, Prussian, cause, grumbler. Kudos.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

grumbler

:bleeding: The rain and subsequent flooding have knocked out the telephone substation that provides me my DSL service, and I am offline at home. If not back by tonight, I will cede my position back to Seedy.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on May 05, 2009, 06:39:56 AM
:bleeding: The rain and subsequent flooding have knocked out the telephone substation that provides me my DSL service, and I am offline at home. If not back by tonight, I will cede my position back to Seedy.

Yeah....I don't think that is going to work.

Apparently, the rain and flooding in his brain has knocked out his ability to actually play wargames completely. We will wait until you get things sorted out grumbler.

0 rows returned