News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Debate #1

Started by jimmy olsen, August 04, 2015, 10:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on August 11, 2015, 02:13:04 PM
*shrug* There are racists in both the Republican and Democratic parties too, but that doesn't make them 'racist' parties.

This is true, but I don't think presidential candidates of either of these parties are openly courting them.  Ron Paul was the Libertarian presidential candidate, and he did publish these news letters for years.  I think that he communicated these racist views to his audience indicates that his audience shared his views.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Man it was all but unanimous in Mississippi LOL

Barry Goldwater William Miller           Republican   356,528   87.14%
Lyndon Johnson Hubert Humphrey   Democratic   52,618   12.86%

You don't see stuff like that outside of DC these days.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on August 11, 2015, 02:19:34 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 11, 2015, 01:49:51 PM
Yeah, that is just as much bullshit as anything Raz has said.

"A large portion"? How large? Apparently large enough that you are ok with making conclusions about people who ONLY identify as "libertarian" and their views on race and racism.

Evidence? Survey? Data? Anything?

Absent some kind of actual evidence, I am pretty sure this is just your desire to believe something about those you don't agree with, and not much intellectual integrity on your part to constrain what you wish was true to just things that you actually have evidence for...
Ooh, it's Berkut in heat again.  I guess it's that time of the year where you build up yourself up by attempting to tear down other people.  Go fuck yourself, I refuse to dignify this with a substantive response.

RIght, of course you refuse to dignify your bigotry and intellectual dishonesty with a substantive response - you know there isn't one you could provide.

Is asking for evidence for your claims "tear down other people"?

More so than accusing an entire group of being racist without any evidence at all?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 11, 2015, 02:58:36 PM
Presumably, if you want to be a racist, you'll pick an ideology that allows you to do so. Whether that makes the one you pick a racist one is another question, but still.

Quit tearing people down.

If racist like vanilla ice cream, then clearly it is fair pool to point out that people who like vanilla ice cream are probably racists.

0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on August 11, 2015, 02:53:44 PM
There has been one candidate for president that was really libertarian--Barry Goldwater.

I ask you to review the states he carried, and the year of the election, and reflect if this was just a coincidence.

He got votes for opposing the Civil Rights Act, but the reasons he had for doing so differed from most of those voters.

A fascist may side with libertarians nationally to be able to oppress locally, but that doesn't make him a libertarian.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 11, 2015, 03:08:12 PM
There has been one candidate for president that was really libertarian--Barry Goldwater.

I ask you to review the states he carried, and the year of the election, and reflect if this was just a coincidence.

He got votes for opposing the Civil Rights Act, but the reasons he had for doing so differed from most of those voters.

A fascist may side with libertarians nationally to be able to oppress locally, but that doesn't make him a libertarian.

How would you distinguish the two?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on August 11, 2015, 03:13:26 PM
How would you distinguish the two?

Same way one distinguishes between racists and non-racists for non-libertarians I would assume.

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on August 11, 2015, 03:03:19 PM

RIght, of course you refuse to dignify your bigotry and intellectual dishonesty with a substantive response - you know there isn't one you could provide.

More so than accusing an entire group of being racist without any evidence at all?

So I guess we are still ignoring me.  I feel torn down. :(

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 09, 2015, 09:57:19 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 09, 2015, 09:21:25 PM
He said he meant nose and ears. :rolleyes:

I think he should have doubled down and said yes you geniuses managed to figure out that I meant menstruation, some women are crazy when that happens.

Women don't menstruate from their eyes.  It's clear to me he was going for some kind of pyscho banshee metaphor, not a woman on the rag.

It's not clear to me what he meant to say either then or a bunch of other times during the debate.  Based on observation there seems to be little evidence that a lot of mental processing goes on before words exit his mouth.  That's the appeal.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

Asking by an unprovoked attack?  Most definitely.  So go fuck yourself, I have grown very tired of you and your shtick.

DGuller

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 11, 2015, 03:22:26 PM
It's not clear to me what he meant to say either then or a bunch of other times during the debate.  Based on observation there seems to be little evidence that a lot of mental processing goes on before words exit his mouth.  That's the appeal.
I don't think you're giving him enough credit.  Trump may be crazy, but he's crazy like a fox.  So far he's kept everyone off balance, even Fox News itself.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on August 11, 2015, 03:23:40 PM
Asking by an unprovoked attack?  Most definitely.  So go fuck yourself, I have grown very tired of you and your shtick.

Only when my demand for actual evidence to justify rampant bigotry is aimed at you and your bigotry - otherwise, I am sure my "schtick" is just fine with you.

You are the one making an onerous and revolting claim about people who would, had you the integrity and simpel courtesy to ask them, vehemently deny your characterization. It is telling that when challenged you refuse to provide ANY evidence for you claim, and instead pretend to be offended by the demand, and start spewing vulgarities instead of responses.

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on August 11, 2015, 03:27:14 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 11, 2015, 03:23:40 PM

Only when my demand for actual evidence to justify rampant bigotry is aimed at you and your bigotry - otherwise, I am sure my "schtick" is just fine with you.

You are the one making an onerous and revolting claim about people who would, had you the integrity and simpel courtesy to ask them, vehemently deny your characterization. It is telling that when challenged you refuse to provide ANY evidence for you claim, and instead pretend to be offended by the demand, and start spewing vulgarities instead of responses.
Okay, you got me.

The Minsky Moment

The LBJ states were anti-Semitic.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson