Main Menu

'The Pacific' trailer

Started by Ape, June 23, 2009, 05:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on March 08, 2010, 06:18:52 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 24, 2009, 08:53:29 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 24, 2009, 08:43:56 AM
The Japanese will boycott it since the heroes will not be 13 year olds with giant swords.

Also not enough Rape of schoolgrils.
:(

That happens to the Marines in the sequel, "Okinawa: The Occupation".

Ed Anger

I like the Jap LMG with bayonet attached. nutty little fucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 08, 2010, 06:52:28 PM

Even better-- I think the Danes had a submachinegun with a bayonet.

btw why isn't anyone getting shit for saying "Jap" in this thread?  I got raked over the coals for putting it in a title a few months ago :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2010, 08:55:37 PM

btw why isn't anyone getting shit for saying "Jap" in this thread?  I got raked over the coals for putting it in a title a few months ago :D
Your racist credentials were established a long time ago when you wanted to commit genocide on non-Northern European ethnic groups.
PDH!

derspiess

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 08, 2010, 09:01:19 PM
Your racist credentials were established a long time ago when you wanted to commit genocide on non-Northern European ethnic groups.

You'll need to refresh my memory on that one.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

To be fair, I don't consider you a racist derspiess. Somewhat prejudiced in some ways, yes, but who isn't?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

sbr

You can call them Japs when referring to the WWII timeframe, just not now.

Ideologue

You know, Jap's so lazy an epithet I'm surprised it's even offensive.  "Ami" and "Brit" aren't slurs.  I have the same question about "Paki."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jaron

If Ami or Brit were used as slurs I'm sure they'd still be inappropriate.

I'm absolutely positive were not "Jap" and "Paki" used to demean defame and insult the people of these nations, no one would think twice about their usage.

I thought you were a history person, Ide? Your feigned ignorance on this topic is not amusing.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jaron on March 09, 2010, 02:49:39 AM
If Ami or Brit were used as slurs I'm sure they'd still be inappropriate.

I'm absolutely positive were not "Jap" and "Paki" used to demean defame and insult the people of these nations, no one would think twice about their usage.

I thought you were a history person, Ide? Your feigned ignorance on this topic is not amusing.

STFU, spic.

Sahib

Quote from: Ideologue on March 09, 2010, 02:12:43 AM
You know, Jap's so lazy an epithet I'm surprised it's even offensive.  "Ami" and "Brit" aren't slurs.  I have the same question about "Paki."

I think Brit is. Or at least impolite  :bowler:
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

grumbler

Quote from: Sahib on March 09, 2010, 07:03:28 AM
I think Brit is. Or at least impolite  :bowler:
On the order of "Yank."

As in "how can you tell which girl is a Brit?  One Yank, and off come her knickers!"
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

My antics are fun and cheeky.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2010, 11:22:37 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 08, 2010, 09:01:19 PM

You'll need to refresh my memory on that one.
Not long ago you began a thread title with 'Jap'. At on point you said you wanted to commit genocide on non-Northern European ethnic groups.
PDH!

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Ideologue on March 09, 2010, 02:12:43 AM

'Ami'?  American Meat Institute?