News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

'The Pacific' trailer

Started by Ape, June 23, 2009, 05:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ape

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/06/trailer-hbos-the-pacific.html

At long last, here's the trailer for HBO's "The Pacific," the long-awaited follow-up to Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg's beloved WWII war epic "Band of Brothers." ... "I believe in ammunition!"

"The Pacific" has reportedly a budget around $200 million which, if correct, would almost certainly make it the most expensive TV project of all time. The new mini has quite a legacy to live up to when it debuts next year. Though its initial post-9/11 run on HBO was relatively lackluster, "Band of Brothers" kept gathering fans as the years passed. Runs on basic cable networks such as History Channel followed. The DVD set for "Brothers" still manages to float into the top ranks of Amazon's best-selling DVDs (and is currently selling great in Blu-ray)

For those that are interested

Phillip V

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 23, 2009, 06:43:36 PM
Hopefully, the awesomeness of setting Japs on fire in their bunkers will overwhelm the suck that is Tim.
Thanks for that ray of sunshine.  :hug:

I have always preferred the Pacific Theater anyway.  Its kind of ironic, though, that the series focuses on the Marines, when by far the most action was seen by the Army, who were slogging it out day by day, rather than having months pass between the incredible bloodlettings.  Still, the USMC actions are clearly better-suited for episodic television.  It was almost like that part of the war was MADE for TV.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Quote from: grumbler on June 23, 2009, 06:50:16 PM
It was almost like that part of the war was MADE for TV.
Philo T Farnsworth told the marines it would be good to fight that way.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: grumbler on June 23, 2009, 06:50:16 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 23, 2009, 06:43:36 PM
Hopefully, the awesomeness of setting Japs on fire in their bunkers will overwhelm the suck that is Tim.
It was almost like that part of the war was MADE for TV.

The Marines have always been great at PR.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Tamas

OMFG is Band of Brothers out on blu-ray?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Alatriste

Quote from: Tamas on June 24, 2009, 03:30:45 AM
OMFG is Band of Brothers out on blu-ray?

That was exactly my reaction too. I'm game!

P.S. And I hope 'Pacific' won't disappoint. Even if it is only half as good as BoB it will be eminently watchable.

frunk

I'm hoping that the biggest disappointment will be that Michael Kamen didn't do the music.

Tamas

DisturbedPervert