News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

'The Pacific' trailer

Started by Ape, June 23, 2009, 05:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 07, 2010, 04:11:02 PM
It airs Sunday, on the web 45mins after it finished airing.

Reruns. Great.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on March 07, 2010, 03:02:21 PM
Will be aired April 4th in Denmark on Canal+, a fucking pay canal, bugger... :mad:

Canals are never free and often cost thousands of brown people.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

No HBO in the German TV market, so probably SKYmovies will pick it up in a year or so, and in two years it will run on a cable channel I can watch, but only dubbed into German.

As with Band of Brothers I presume I will probably get this on DVD before it's on tv.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Habbaku on March 07, 2010, 07:38:17 PM
Quote from: Mr.Penguin on March 07, 2010, 03:02:21 PM
Will be aired April 4th in Denmark on Canal+, a fucking pay canal, bugger... :mad:

Canals are never free and often cost thousands of brown people.

Yes I know, I am paying a lot already just to watch our national TV and public canals. Band of Brothers was first shown on one of the national TV stations here in Denmark, but this time it looks like I will have to wait  for 'The Pacific' to be released on dvd before I gets a chance to watch it... :( 
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Habbaku

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on March 08, 2010, 12:21:38 PM
Yes I know, I am paying a lot already just to watch our national TV and public canals.

:huh:  You have to pay to watch your national canals?  Are they owned by the government, then?  Do people from over the world come to watch them?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Quote from: Habbaku on March 08, 2010, 12:24:27 PM
Yes I know, I am paying a lot already just to watch our national TV and public canals.

:huh:  You have to pay to watch your national canals?  Are they owned by the government, then?  Do people from over the world come to watch them?

It's normal in most European countries that you pay a fee for TV. The state broadcasters in Germany use it to run an extensive infrastructure, and channel system (regional and national) buy the rights to sporting events, self produce movies, shows, documentaries, etc.

In Austria they use the fee to pay corrupt officials, make pro-government propaganda and generally flush it down the drain.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Habbaku on March 08, 2010, 12:24:27 PM

We pay a license to watch TV and other "media products", in return do we get a couple national TV canals and radio, so called public service canals, all but two are with out commercials...

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on March 08, 2010, 12:30:35 PM

In Austria they use the fee to pay corrupt officials, make pro-government propaganda and generally flush it down the drain.

:yes: that is how it was in Hungary as well, until they abolished this fee. Since then, they use general tax money for the same purpose. :)

Syt

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on March 08, 2010, 12:34:47 PM
We pay a license to watch TV and other "media products", in return do we get a couple national TV canals and radio, so called public service canals, all but two are with out commercials...

Yeah, that's the upshot of it. German "main" public stations only show commercials until 8 pm, then it's commercial free. Austrian tv has commercials around the clock, but no commercial breaks during tv shows. High brow Franco-German arte and Austro-German-Swiss 3sat are commercial free, as are German regional stations.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on March 08, 2010, 12:36:59 PM

:yes: that is how it was in Hungary as well, until they abolished this fee. Since then, they use general tax money for the same purpose. :)

You know, it's really depressing. I pay the same as I did in Germany. In Germany the quality of public tv was pretty good in terms of information, sports and - to some extent - entertainment, so I was fine with that. Over here it's a depressing waste of perfectly good money.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Syt on March 08, 2010, 12:42:36 PM

You know, it's really depressing. I pay the same as I did in Germany. In Germany the quality of public tv was pretty good in terms of information, sports and - to some extent - entertainment, so I was fine with that. Over here it's a depressing waste of perfectly good money.

I Denmark, do we pay them a fucking lot of money, so the general mood are that they better be delivering a fucking lot of good television and they generally do so...

Habbaku

I wasn't aware Hungary had any canals.  What are their major ones?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

It's tough for people like us, Hab.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Habbaku on March 08, 2010, 01:08:06 PM
I wasn't aware Hungary had any canals.  What are their major ones?
Stop picking on the foreigners Haiku. <_<