And we're back!

Main Menu

Gov. Mark Sanford goes crazy, disappears

Started by Caliga, June 23, 2009, 07:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habsburg

Quote from: Habsburg on June 23, 2009, 08:17:55 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 23, 2009, 05:46:43 PM
Yeah, he was on a trail, alright;  but it wasn't Appalachian.  It was pussy.

I was thinking white powder and a kitty.  :yes:

Hello?  I am good.

ulmont

Quote from: Habsburg on June 24, 2009, 01:41:50 PM
Hello?  I am good.

Yup.

QuoteSouth Carolina Governor Mark Sanford, whose mysterious disappearance last Thursday prompted national headlines, acknowledged this afternoon that he had an extramarital affair.

"I've been unfaithful to my wife, and I developed a relationship with what started as a dear, dear friend from Argentina," he said.

Sanford said he would resign as chair of the Republican Governor's Association.
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/06/24/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5110133.shtml

Habsburg

I want to see if it was a woman or a man.

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on June 24, 2009, 11:32:01 AM
What are the odds there is another shoe to drop, either in this story or his personal life? I say it is less than 50-50, but I won't be shocked if it comes out he was in Argentina visiting gay clubs or something.
There has to be another shoe, simply because no one will be satisfied with the moronic explanation that he provided.

Habbaku

The moronic explanation of him banging some Argentine broad for 8 years? :unsure:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

What's up with republicanswho chair crap getting into trouble. Is it really a MSM media thing like Hans would say where they only check up on conservatives, or are they just really bad at not getting caught?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Habsburg

Quote from: DGuller on June 24, 2009, 01:48:17 PM
There has to be another shoe, simply because no one will be satisfied with the moronic explanation that he provided.

Appalachia! *slap*
Argentina! *slap*
Appalachia! *slap*
Argentina! *slap*

I was in Appalachia AND Argentina!!! *cries*

*head shot of Jack Nicholson looking disgusted*

alfred russel

Quote from: HVC on June 24, 2009, 01:51:41 PM
What's up with republicanswho chair crap getting into trouble. Is it really a MSM media thing like Hans would say where they only check up on conservatives, or are they just really bad at not getting caught?

In this case, really bad at getting caught. The governor of a state disappears and he is found out by people asking where he is? So far this hasn't taken a lot of detective work.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Bet Hans voted for him.  And it's totally unfair the MSM keeps showing Republicans who fuck around on their wives.  Where's the coverage on all  the GOPtards who stay faithful huh? 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Habsburg on June 24, 2009, 01:41:50 PM
Quote from: Habsburg on June 23, 2009, 08:17:55 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 23, 2009, 05:46:43 PM
Yeah, he was on a trail, alright;  but it wasn't Appalachian.  It was pussy.

I was thinking white powder and a kitty.  :yes:

Hello?  I am good.

Pfft, long beaten to the punch by others.  :contract:

QuoteI'm assuming this story is politico-speak for "going on a muli-day bender with booze, coke and whores".* 

*Perfect way to celebrate Father's Day. Not just a Hallmark holiday!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on June 24, 2009, 01:50:15 PM
The moronic explanation of him banging some Argentine broad for 8 years? :unsure:
I was obviously one shoe drop behind when posting that reply.

jimmy olsen

Well that fell apart faster than I anticipated.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 24, 2009, 02:17:19 PM

I thought it might hold together, just because that was so incredibly stupid.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Habbaku

Republicans are pretty damn bad at extra-marital affairs, it seems.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Malthus

Quote from: Habbaku on June 24, 2009, 02:20:04 PM

Republicans are pretty damn bad at extra-marital affairs, it seems.

I'm assuming that he simply lost track, to the extent that it was impossible for others to ignore or cover up his indiscretion. Easy to do if you do too much coke. 

"What, it's 5 in the AM on Tuesday?!? And I'm in Brazil?! Well, shit."
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius