News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cal's Jimmy Buffett AAR

Started by Caliga, June 24, 2015, 10:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Again, something wrong with Parrotheads without sand between their toes.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on June 24, 2015, 01:38:13 PM
Quote from: The Larch on June 24, 2015, 01:36:36 PM
In sunny tropical Delaware!  :lol:
Believe it or not there are palm trees in coastal Delaware. :sleep:

It does have some coastline, yep.  But in Larch's defense these dudes lived in Wilmington and their boats were in a marina on the Delaware River.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 24, 2015, 01:39:51 PM
Again, something wrong with Parrotheads without sand between their toes.

Lol Parrothead elitist!!  You're like my buddy in Denver giving me shit for there being an Old West Festival here in Ohio :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on June 24, 2015, 01:40:59 PM
It does have some coastline, yep.  But in Larch's defense these dudes lived in Wilmington and their boats were in a marina on the Delaware River.
Oh. :lol:

In any event, living on a boat is lame unless your boat is a bigass yacht.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on June 24, 2015, 01:01:12 PM
Watching his concerts it seems that his average fans are fat middle aged guys with Hawaian shirts. I can see Yi's point about him being the patron saint of American cruise ship tourists in the Caribbean.

I didn't say cruise ships.  No sand on a cruise ship.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 24, 2015, 01:50:37 PM
Quote from: The Larch on June 24, 2015, 01:01:12 PM
Watching his concerts it seems that his average fans are fat middle aged guys with Hawaian shirts. I can see Yi's point about him being the patron saint of American cruise ship tourists in the Caribbean.

I didn't say cruise ships.  No sand on a cruise ship.

They descend from the ship to the beaches, I'd guess. :unsure: But whatever, all-inclusive beach resort American tourists in the Caribbean then.  :P

derspiess

The the music I remember from the one cruise I took (in 2002) is a steel drum band playing "Who Let the Dogs Out" over and over... and over. 

Caliga

AAR, CONTINUED

Technically Princesca and I are Derby Parrotheads because there's an 'issue' with leadership in the Bluegrass Parrotheads (oh the irony...  :blush: ), but in reality we do almost everything socially with Bluegrass Parrotheads, many of whom are part of a splinter faction that walked out on their own chapter but isn't an official club.  Among this group are friends of ours, one of whom is a former co-worker of Princesca's, and we tend to do everything with these guys as a result.

So, for the concert, one of the things this rebel Parrothead group did was rent a tour bus so we wouldn't have to drive up and back separately, which means everyone could get drunk out of their minds safely. :)

Normally I start my day with espresso and a protein bar, but yesterday I started my day with an Alabama Slammer tube shooter, a couple of pudding and jello shots, and a single chicken mini from Chik-Fil-A. :lol:  Although everything is a little hazy I think the below is a good approximation of my alcohol intake yesterday:

the aforementioned shooter
some weird shooter with whipped cream and pop rocks on it
5 or so jello shots
somewhere between 5 and 10 pudding shots*
3 Bud Lime-A-Ritas
3 Landsharks
2 Coors Light
1 Miller Lite
a cup of beer that a guy in a pirate outfit gave me that I don't know what it was
a nip of Kahlua that I think was left over from our honeymoon
a handful of gummi bears that were soaked in vodka for 'a while'
a few drops of a jello shooter I blew down a chick's throat

* two of those were chocolate pudding shots made with some kind of cinnamon cordial... they were awesome!

Yes, I know most of that beer is junk but given the mass quantities that people brought, can you blame them for not splurging?

Caliga

Much to my surprise, Princesca had never done a jello shot before so I had to teach her how.  It was an endearing bonding moment. :)

derspiess

Is there a right or wrong way to do a jello shot? :unsure:  I figured you just eat it.

Barrister

It's beginning to sound like being a "Parrothead" is all an elaborate justification for getting blitzed on a semi-regular basis.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Scipio

Quote from: derspiess on June 24, 2015, 01:58:17 PM
Is there a right or wrong way to do a jello shot? :unsure:  I figured you just eat it.
Tom Lehrer has a complicated diagram with excellent ballistics mathematics demonstrating the proper technique. He did invent it, after all, so he ought to know.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

I know of two ways to do it:

1.  Open your mouth and crush the shit out of the plastic cup, which squirts it in there (the 'dude method')
2.  Wet your finger, stick it in the cup between the shot and the rim, rub it around to 'loosen' it, and then stick your tongue in there and twist it till it drops out onto your tongue (the 'chick method')

I showed her both ways but to my surprise she seemed to like method #1 better.

Admiral Yi

You're supposed to loosen it from the mini dixie with your tongue first, so it comes out in one blob.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on June 24, 2015, 02:00:32 PM
It's beginning to sound like being a "Parrothead" is all an elaborate justification for getting blitzed on a semi-regular basis.
You're a smart guy, Bee Bee.