News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cal's Jimmy Buffett AAR

Started by Caliga, June 24, 2015, 10:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: The Larch on June 24, 2015, 01:01:12 PM
Watching his concerts it seems that his average fans are fat middle aged guys with Hawaian shirts.
Hey!  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

Quote from: Caliga on June 24, 2015, 01:04:40 PM
Quote from: The Larch on June 24, 2015, 01:01:12 PM
Watching his concerts it seems that his average fans are fat middle aged guys with Hawaian shirts.
Hey!  :blush:

As long as you don't add a pony tail, don't worry.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Look at this huge Parrothead loser harassing a police officer :mad:

derspiess

What's the deal with that pic, btw.  Did you just randomly ask a cop to have his picture taken with you?

Also is that your cornhole set in the background?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: Scipio on June 24, 2015, 12:39:37 PM
This song is why he's great:

https://youtu.be/cXQS4S3vgGA
Missed this earlier.  One of my favorites actually. :)

lustindarkness

Looks like someone I know, last name Butts, cop in northern AL.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on June 24, 2015, 01:14:25 PM
What's the deal with that pic, btw.  Did you just randomly ask a cop to have his picture taken with you?
I was on a mission. :ph34r:  I'll get to that later in the AAR.

That cop was awesome.  He was walking a beat there with another dude and the other guy said if he wasn't on duty he would have wanted to be partying with everyone else.  The cop in the pic's partner got killed in a shooting at some point in the past week. :(

derspiess

Yeah, Sonny Kim was the first cop killed in over a decade here.  A good friend of mine grew up with him.  Sonny's family emigrated from Korea and he was universally liked.  Pretty sad, particularly how it went down.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Larch

I've watched a few live songs and I stand by my original appreciation. It's like watching your uncle and his buddies playing music and trying to be cool but failing spectacularly. It just screams fakeness and uncoolness. I just can't see the appeal.

Caliga

Quote from: The Larch on June 24, 2015, 01:30:25 PM
I've watched a few live songs and I stand by my original appreciation. It's like watching your uncle and his buddies playing music and trying to be cool but failing spectacularly. It just screams fakeness and uncoolness. I just can't see the appeal.
*shrug* Nobody would ever force you to go to a concert dude. :)

derspiess

What's really sad is middle-aged dudes who *try* to live that lifestyle.  When I lived in Delaware I dated a girl who worked at a boat shop.  Pretty much all the guys who worked there were out of shape, balding, single ("by choice"), in their 40's and up, lived on their boats, and were in continuous "party mode" :bleeding:

The Larch

Quote from: Caliga on June 24, 2015, 01:31:44 PM
Quote from: The Larch on June 24, 2015, 01:30:25 PM
*shrug* Nobody would ever force you to go to a concert dude. :)

Don't get me wrong, everybody in the shows seems to be having a good time, so more power to you if you enjoy it. It's just not for me.

The Larch

Quote from: derspiess on June 24, 2015, 01:35:07 PM
What's really sad is middle-aged dudes who *try* to live that lifestyle.  When I lived in Delaware I dated a girl who worked at a boat shop.  Pretty much all the guys who worked there were out of shape, balding, single ("by choice"), in their 40's and up, lived on their boats, and were in continuous "party mode" :bleeding:

In sunny tropical Delaware!  :lol:

Caliga

Quote from: The Larch on June 24, 2015, 01:35:47 PM
Don't get me wrong, everybody in the shows seems to be having a good time, so more power to you if you enjoy it. It's just not for me.
Relax dude, I'm not offended by your post or anything. :)

Caliga

Quote from: The Larch on June 24, 2015, 01:36:36 PM
In sunny tropical Delaware!  :lol:
Believe it or not there are palm trees in coastal Delaware. :sleep: