And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: The Brain on July 19, 2016, 12:41:34 PM
Quote from: Liep on July 19, 2016, 12:40:31 PM
Canada really should get involved in some EU-style project, next year it'll be free to roam in all EU countries because of the EU.

Wherever you may roam?

Is that a Nickelback song?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Quote from: Liep on July 19, 2016, 12:42:42 PM
Quote from: The Brain on July 19, 2016, 12:41:34 PM
Quote from: Liep on July 19, 2016, 12:40:31 PM
Canada really should get involved in some EU-style project, next year it'll be free to roam in all EU countries because of the EU.

Wherever you may roam?

Is that a Nickelback song?

:ultra:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Quote from: The Larch on July 19, 2016, 12:25:07 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 19, 2016, 12:08:58 PM
Quote from: Liep on July 19, 2016, 12:04:35 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 19, 2016, 11:42:10 AM
My problem is my puny 400mb data cap. PokeGO is destroying it. I can't roam around.

What 3rd world wasteland do you live in? :o

Canada, where Data caps rule the land.

We only have 3 national companies.

Just like here, but data caps in the several GBs range is the norm. Seriously, 400 MB is horrendous.

It is but our incumbents have successfully lobbied our Regulator into believing that data is expensive to carry. ARPU is all that matters, so we get horrendous cap in the hope we will simply shell out more monthly.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Quote from: Barrister on July 19, 2016, 11:27:20 AM
I was able to hit 5 PokeStops this morning walking from the train station to my office, total distance of maybe a block and a half.  Gotta get more PokeBalls for tonights walk.

Of course in my suburban neighborhood it's a vast wasteland.

Barcelona has a Pokestop like every 10 metres. I am not exaggerating. Sometimes they are even on top of each other.

Savonarola

Again from 1958:

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.  Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

I don't know I would want my kids playing a game so vicious as that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 19, 2016, 02:03:34 PM

Your kids won't be ready for the upcoming race war.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2016, 02:08:44 PM

Black nationalists vs white supremacists? Now that's a war I would never want to interrupt. Everybody is a winner.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on July 19, 2016, 02:11:49 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2016, 02:08:44 PM

Black nationalists vs white supremacists? Now that's a war I would never want to interrupt. Everybody is a winner.
It's the Iran-Iraq war of...*is shot*
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Gotta shop for school supplies. Fun times. WHY DO THEY NEED A BOX OF ZIPLOC BAGS?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2016, 07:59:22 PM
Gotta shop for school supplies. Fun times. WHY DO THEY NEED A BOX OF ZIPLOC BAGS?

To hold their samwishes.  :huh:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 19, 2016, 08:17:02 PM

To hold their samwishes.  :huh:

That is what cafeteria trays are for.

mongers

How hard can it be to buy an early cd release of Iron Maiden's 'The Number of the Beast' given I have access to the Intertubs? 

The answer, a minor pain in the butt, given the 212 different releases and people's imprecision/laziness with dates and catalogue numbers.  :mad:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Keeps the shit they gotta hump beaucoup dry when they're out in the bush and have to didi mau most riki tik. 

mongers

How's this for irony? US Navy hit with $600m software piracy claim

German software house says sailors are just the wurst

By Shaun Nichols, 20 Jul 2016

http://m.theregister.co.uk/2016/07/20/navy_software_pirates/
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"