News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Pokemon in my city like hanging out by grafiti spots.
Little buggers don't heal after they've been through the tap as fast as you can battles. Pfff.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on July 18, 2016, 11:01:03 PM
Downloaded Pokémon Go, now that it's available in Canada.

I'm a touch too old for Pokémon to be something I'm nostalgic for (came out when I was 21 and had no interest in GameBoy games), but my kids have watched the POkemon TV series.  Fired it up downtown after work walking back to the train station - sure enough tons of PokeStops and gyms there.

Got home and Timmy thought that was the coolest thing ever, and wanted to go outside immediately to catch Pokémon.  So that's nice - a video game that made the guys want to go outside.  What was not so great is only one phone and three boys (though Josh wasn't interested), so whenever one had the phone, the other whined incessantly about when it was his turn.

Not sure how long we'll play, but for one night it was fun.  Timmy had to race home and tell Mrs B all about the Pokémon we caught.

:D Nice.

While my children watch the TV show (the Pokemon TV app is awesome) they have no interest in the game. I think it might be because I can't put it on their phone.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

I was able to hit 5 PokeStops this morning walking from the train station to my office, total distance of maybe a block and a half.  Gotta get more PokeBalls for tonights walk.

Of course in my suburban neighborhood it's a vast wasteland.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Last night we found a few new Pokemon near our house last night when we got back from Pokemon hunting at the park so that was nice.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Bus is best for hitting up pokestops. Actually depending on speed of bus, good for catching pokemon too.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

My problem is my puny 400mb data cap. PokeGO is destroying it. I can't roam around.

Liep

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 19, 2016, 11:42:10 AM
My problem is my puny 400mb data cap. PokeGO is destroying it. I can't roam around.

What 3rd world wasteland do you live in? :o
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

Quote from: Liep on July 19, 2016, 12:04:35 PM

Canada, where Data caps rule the land.

We only have 3 national companies.

Valmy

The middle of the wasteland that is Canada:

Kind of like Lappland only more desolate.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

apparently if you go into google maps and download the map of your area it greatly cuts down on data use- pokemon go sucks at caching for itself.

Untested personally
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 19, 2016, 12:08:58 PM

Just like here, but data caps in the several GBs range is the norm. Seriously, 400 MB is horrendous.

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on July 19, 2016, 12:25:07 PM

Just like here, but data caps in the several GBs range is the norm. Seriously, 400 MB is horrendous.

Yeah, it's like the cap you get when travelling abroad.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on July 19, 2016, 12:27:08 PM
Quote from: The Larch on July 19, 2016, 12:25:07 PM

Yeah, it's like the cap you get when travelling abroad.

For a single day.  :P

Liep

Canada really should get involved in some EU-style project, next year it'll be free to roam in all EU countries because of the EU.

The Brain

Quote from: Liep on July 19, 2016, 12:40:31 PM
Canada really should get involved in some EU-style project, next year it'll be free to roam in all EU countries because of the EU.

Wherever you may roam?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.