News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on July 14, 2016, 06:22:52 PM
Damn I'm shallow, viewing the BBC news coverage of the massacre in Nice, I've thought a couple of times, good grief the news anchor has a nice rack, doesn't she.  :blush:

The victims would want that.  It's about going on, going forward.  It's about our way of life.  Make sure they did not die in vain.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2016, 06:50:51 PM
Damn I'm shallow, viewing the BBC news coverage of the massacre in Nice, I've thought a couple of times, good grief the news anchor has a nice rack, doesn't she.  :blush:

The victims would want that.  It's about going on, going forward.  It's about our way of life.  Make sure they did not die in vain.

:)

But know I think it's just a idiot (me) 'thinking' with his dick.   :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on July 14, 2016, 06:53:30 PM

Go take a dump in the parking lot of the local Selfridges.  You'll feel better.

Duque de Bragança

Admiral Yi

So as not to pollute a serious thread, I'll post it here:

Link me up Scottie.

Just finished up a lovely round of golf.  105, minimal cheating.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2016, 06:56:53 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 14, 2016, 06:53:30 PM

Go take a dump in the parking lot of the local Selfridges.  You'll feel better.

Maybe local Sainsbury's? Selfridges doesn't have all that many locations.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on July 14, 2016, 07:13:31 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 14, 2016, 10:22:19 AM
I only stay in 3 star hotels or higher.

3 stars? :hmm:

I'm willing to slum a bit. No Indian owned hotels though.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Languish has it's fair share of cowards, plenty of users logged in, none posting.  <_<

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on July 14, 2016, 06:38:26 PM
Quote from: Jacob on July 14, 2016, 05:10:49 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on July 14, 2016, 04:45:47 PM
I'm not really complaining about the amount of the fine, anyway, i didn't get fined, but am I really teh only one that thinks $800 and 6 points on your license is a bit draconian?

For speeding past a stopped school bus?

No, that's not draconian at all.
If the situation as Dorsey described it was accurate, then if he did hit a child from that school bus, that child should be added to the 100m sprint Olympic team right away, posthumously.  I do see the logic in enforcing such laws with zero tolerance, though, by at least stopping everyone to chew them out, since having drivers determine what's reasonable and what's not can let the situation creep to dangerous levels over time.

On a somewhat related note, on my third driving lesson, I was driving past the schoolbus.  My instructor back then said the words that I would remember forever:  "Keep going, he didn't put the stop sign out, *screech* *trut-trut-trut* *screech* FUCKING IDIOT, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING, FUCKING IDIOT.  Oh, look, now he put the stop sign out, fucking idiot."

Not that I am Mr. Moneybags, but I could pay an $800 fine without a problem. it would be an annoyance that I deserved if I actually went through the bus's stop sign. But for a lot of families in the area, that could be a major financial burden. A guy making $15k a year (minimum wage at 40 hours a week) is probably barely making ends meet. With public transportation seriously inadequate in the area, a lot of really poor people have cars. A ticket for very questionably running a bus stop sign could financially break someone.

I drive a really shitty old car--that could be why I didn't get a ticket.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

It's probably an "OMG, will someone think of the children!" situation.  Or maybe a bit of a Ferguson situation as well:  give police the discretion to financially enslave the black people while making the white people feel grateful for the warning.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on July 14, 2016, 09:52:31 PM
It's probably an "OMG, will someone think of the children!" situation.  Or maybe a bit of a Ferguson situation as well:  give police the discretion to financially enslave the black people while making the white people feel grateful for the warning.

OMG could this poor cop be portrayed as more evil for letting Dorsey off here?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2016, 09:56:28 PM
OMG could this poor cop be portrayed as more evil for letting Dorsey off here?

I would have written him up for not citing Dorsey.  You don't fuck with school buses.

Josquius

Last night I met with a friend in Barcelona.
She is from here though lives in Switzerland and is coincidentally visiting back at a time which slightly crosses over with my trip.
She spoke big about an area called marina. Apparently it is an awesome very active and pretty alternative drinking part of town. Sweet
We went there....
It looks like a part of Newcastle. Just offices and warehouses and some flats. Ok.....
Kind of quiet too.
Is it because 11 30 is too early for those crazy Spanish?
We eventually find a place that is open and she investigates.
Apparently in the 3 years sInce she lived here a bad thing has happened.
The great big 5 story mega night club of awesome closed down for good.... and many of the bars around it went too.
It's now an odd area. A few bars seem to be hanging on. But for how long considering the lack of customers.
██████
██████
██████