News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Wait a minute we're the great Satan not France.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2016, 11:02:54 AM
Jesus H. Simon & Schuster Christ, I am choking out the next motherfucker that sends me a document who doesn't know the difference between "e.g." and "i.e."

Good example of a specific reference.

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2016, 11:02:54 AM
Jesus H. Simon & Schuster Christ, I am choking out the next motherfucker that sends me a document who doesn't know the difference between "e.g." and "i.e."

You mean 'I am choking out the next motherfucker that sends me a document demonstrating ignorance, e.g. by mistaking the difference between "e.g." and "i.e." '

:P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 14, 2016, 11:54:49 AM
Wait a minute we're the great Satan not France.

Not for Tyr.

Savonarola

A motto for my generation if there ever was one (and my parent's one as well).  This strip ran in 1958 and probably represented a horrifying prospect to people of Schultz generation; after all everything they learned, they learned from listening to radio.

;)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

MadBurgerMaker

Ugh there is an active shooter being reported at the hospital (Methodist) across the street from our main campus.   

E:  Well  that was quick.  The hospital's lockdown has already been lifted.  Our slow government worker who sends out the emails for us hasn't sent anything about the one for main campus.

E:  Okay this all went down like 45 minutes before our cops sent out the alerts: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Reports-of-shooting-at-Methodist-Hospital-prompts-8378676.php   :rolleyes:

alfred russel

Today I was driving to work on a 4 lane highway, and going the other direction a school bus stopped to pick up like a zillion kids. I gunned it and drove past the bus. Even though the bus was stopped by the time I got to it, the stop sign was still extending as I drove past (it might have gotten extended when I was next to it) - meaning that if I was to only rely on the stop sign there was no way I could have stopped in time. I could of course of noticed a school bus was stopped with a bunch of kids waiting to get on, but i don't think that is the requirement.

A cop pulled me over. I tried to argue my point of view. He didn't give me a ticket, but he spent an incredible amount of time explaining how awful it is to drive past a school bus with a stop sign extended. He said it is an $800 fine, with 6 points on my license, which seems excessive. He kept coming back to "don't argue with me", which I didn't do after the first minute, when he also said he wasn't going to give me a ticket.

$800 seems a bit excessive. Also seems like I'd never win an appeal. But I also don't think I did anything wrong, besides speeding.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on July 14, 2016, 02:28:41 PM
Today I was driving to work on a 4 lane highway, and going the other direction a school bus stopped to pick up like a zillion kids. I gunned it and drove past the bus. Even though the bus was stopped by the time I got to it, the stop sign was still extending as I drove past (it might have gotten extended when I was next to it) - meaning that if I was to only rely on the stop sign there was no way I could have stopped in time. I could of course of noticed a school bus was stopped with a bunch of kids waiting to get on, but i don't think that is the requirement.

A cop pulled me over. I tried to argue my point of view. He didn't give me a ticket, but he spent an incredible amount of time explaining how awful it is to drive past a school bus with a stop sign extended. He said it is an $800 fine, with 6 points on my license, which seems excessive. He kept coming back to "don't argue with me", which I didn't do after the first minute, when he also said he wasn't going to give me a ticket.

$800 seems a bit excessive. Also seems like I'd never win an appeal. But I also don't think I did anything wrong, besides speeding.

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Cop gives you a break and doesn't give you a ticket, yet you STILL complain about it.

For fucks sake.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

It isn't the cop's fault it is an $800 fine for driving past a school bus.

I also don't think I did anything wrong. Besides speeding, which who cares.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

I guess Methodist and Methodist Stone Oak or different facilities? I haven't heard anything.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 14, 2016, 02:42:11 PM
I guess Methodist and Methodist Stone Oak or different facilities? I haven't heard anything.

The main one in the medical center is where this thing happened.  Or didn't happen. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on July 14, 2016, 02:36:11 PM

Obviously the cops are shooting the wrong people.

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on July 14, 2016, 02:36:11 PM

Jackass.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

barkdreg

Quote from: Liep on July 14, 2016, 05:30:35 AM
Quote from: barkdreg on July 14, 2016, 03:55:19 AM
Currently nursing a hangover in a hostel in Yerevan, Armenia.
About half the time I book a private room in a hostel. Meet people and be able to sleep.

In Yerevan I imagine that it's still fairly cheap to book a private room. How's Armenia? I really want to go there.

It's amazing. Good cheap wine, cool places to visit, incredibly hot girls.
Seem my first real life Rusdian mafiosi, including his 5 bodyguards in matching cheap, blue polyester suits.

Decide on a whim to go here, actually plannef a trip n Eastern Turkey.
Yerevan has the most relaxed vibe ever.