News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Was surprised to learn from the Economist that Iridium, the satellite phone company that went bust 17 years ago, is now operating with 800,000 customers and $400 million in annual revenue.

mongers

Quote from: Liep on July 08, 2016, 10:20:57 AM
I was impressed today with my fellow Copenhageners. I heard tyre squeals and saw a sedan turned 90 degrees in the wrong direction being pushed along the road by a truck. When I had gotten myself to safety I was going to call the police, but someone was already doing that. Then I figured I'd get the passenger out (it didn't look like the car had taken that much damage) but someone was already doing that, the truck driver looked fined, I hadn't seen what led to the situation so I couldn't witness, someone was already stopping traffic.

So I just cycled on home.

:cool:

Danish community action.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2016, 03:05:00 PM
Was surprised to learn from the Economist that Iridium, the satellite phone company that went bust 17 years ago, is now operating with 800,000 customers and $400 million in annual revenue.

Useful additional targeting device for US forces trying to hit AQ/IS et al.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

In Milan with a friend tonight.
Wow this place is not what I expected. It's terrible for going out. Everywhere closes around midnight and there don't seem to be many bars about.
But Barcelona Tuesday.
I know it will be better.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Some low blows were dealt in the Danish - Swedish Twitter War of 2016. :weep:

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/7/12118250/denmark-sweden-twitter-fight-why
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

chipwich

Does the Queen of England have the power to stop a Mussolini from seizing power that the King of Italy did not?

mongers

Quote from: chipwich on July 10, 2016, 08:06:14 AM
Does the Queen of England have the power to stop a Mussolini from seizing power that the King of Italy did not?

Yes and no, but it depends on what Boris does next.  :bowler:

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on July 10, 2016, 03:32:32 AM
Some low blows were dealt in the Danish - Swedish Twitter War of 2016. :weep:

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/7/12118250/denmark-sweden-twitter-fight-why

Man who knew Danish sperm was in such high demand around the world? Have you done your duty and made a deposit Liep?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

I have a question about Danish culture. Recently I was at Tøjhuset (Royal Arsenal Museum) in Copenhagen, and they had nice stuff. It's only open 4 hours a day which seems weird. But to the point: I was gonna check out the gift shop before I left, but when I got there 12 minutes to closing time the guy was already covering the shelves and closing the shop. It struck me as bizarre, but I didn't say anything because I didn't know if this was their custom. Is it common in Denmark that shops close before they close?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

Yes. The service level in Copenhagen is often mentioned as the worst thing about the city.

It's probably because many of these jobs are given to students who'll never get to care about the job because it's just a means to an end and they consider themselves overqualified.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Marti might need to revive those migration plans.

celedhring

Tests! I love tests!

http://www.arealme.com/vocabulary-size-test/en/

30325. I thought it was pretty easy though, it's probably one of those tests rigged so most people score high and thus share it on Facebook and message boards. Not that I would ever fall for that.

The Larch

22.500, enough for a white collar job in the US, according to the test. Mind you, these tests are a bit easier if you speak a latin-derived language, I think.