News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 07, 2016, 04:40:51 PM
Finally made it to the local Catholic store (there actually is such a thing) and bought a St. Jude's medal.

The older Austrian lady running the place told me in order for it to work I have to get it blessed by a priest.  I asked her if he'll do even if I'm not Catholic.  She said I don't have to tell him.

I have a Rosary blessed by the Pope.  It killed three people for me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 07, 2016, 06:45:34 PM

Edit: And as a kid I used to get taken out of assembly when the local Kirk Minister would bore on to go and sit with the other couple of Catholic kids and the priest (probably not allowed now) and go through Sunday school stuff to avoid the dangerous touch of Presbyterianism :lol:

If that is really not allowed, what a shame. I went through Catholic school, and a lot of the priests left quite an impression on me. The religion stuff didn't take, but I still think i'm better for it.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on July 07, 2016, 04:49:14 PM
And why would you do such a thing?

2 parts ironic fashion statement, 1 part expression of admiration for Catholic attitudes towards sin, guilt, redemption and forgiveness, 1 part good luck talisman.

Sav: :thumbsup:

derspiess

Yi, you should throw away such idols and rejoin the Methodist Church.  All we ask is that you bring a warm covered dish for the next potluck and all will be forgiven :goodboy:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2016, 12:08:19 AM

2 parts ironic fashion statement, 1 part expression of admiration for Catholic attitudes towards sin, guilt, redemption and forgiveness, 1 part good luck talisman.

Sav: :thumbsup:

And how many parts of idolatry, hmm? :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

A bunch of my friends seem to be enjoying pokemon go.
Buttttt. ..... it's not available in my region.
Bugger.
Not the first time this has happened.
My local banks app isn't available in my region either <_<
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on July 08, 2016, 01:14:07 AM
Bugger.

Yeah, still not available in Canada either.

But look up Ingress. It's basically the same game but with Pokemons.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 07, 2016, 04:40:51 PM
Finally made it to the local Catholic store (there actually is such a thing) and bought a St. Jude's medal.

The older Austrian lady running the place told me in order for it to work I have to get it blessed by a priest.  I asked her if he'll do even if I'm not Catholic.  She said I don't have to tell him.

So that it would work, of course.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Liep

I was impressed today with my fellow Copenhageners. I heard tyre squeals and saw a sedan turned 90 degrees in the wrong direction being pushed along the road by a truck. When I had gotten myself to safety I was going to call the police, but someone was already doing that. Then I figured I'd get the passenger out (it didn't look like the car had taken that much damage) but someone was already doing that, the truck driver looked fined, I hadn't seen what led to the situation so I couldn't witness, someone was already stopping traffic.

So I just cycled on home.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on July 08, 2016, 06:22:47 AM
Ingress is dull

:yes:
I installed it but. ....yeah.  I don't get it
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on July 08, 2016, 01:14:07 AM
Bugger.

I saw that and thought it looked interesting... but not available in Canada either.  Just Aus/NZ/USA right now.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Don't worry, the server are totally swamped. It's impossible to play.