News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

"Bonafide" would've been the hat trick.

Alas, as I am far too left to be considered a Grammar Nazi, I just have to be satisfied with--

Don't turn around, uh-oh
Der Comma Czar's in town, uh-oh

as a serial comma killer.

derspiess

"The customers already want to get started on project items like card design, key setup, eckcetra and since we're not ready we need to nip this in the bucket."

Back story is that we are not ready to get start projects for a certain segment of our customers, but aren't allowed to tell them.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

I hate purolator. That is all.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

Someone forgot a bag in one of our trains and it results in a complete shut down. I guess this'll go on for a few days.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Nifty bomb squad lawn mower, though.

Savonarola

Phyfe Dawg (Malik Taylor) from A Tribe Called Quest died yesterday.   :(

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Larch

Oh, the irony.

QuoteFar-right German politician thanks refugees for rescue

A far-right German politician has been rescued by refugees after he crashed his car in a tree, German media report.
Two Syrian nationals provided first aid to National Democratic Party (NPD) member Stefan Jagsch who was injured in the accident in Hesse state, DPA news agency said.
It said the refugees - who happened to be passing at the time - had left by the time police arrived.
NPD members have taken part in a series of anti-immigrant marches in Germany.

celedhring

Helped mom set up Netflix at their place. I looked at her queue and she had a bunch of romcoms, costume dramas... and American Horror Story.

Archy

irony crossy? ;)
Quote from: The Larch on March 23, 2016, 06:15:45 PM
Oh, the irony.

A far-right German politician has been rescued by refugees after he crashed his car in a tree, German media report.
Two Syrian nationals provided first aid to National Democratic Party (NPD) member Stefan Jagsch who was injured in the accident in Hesse state, DPA news agency said.
It said the refugees - who happened to be passing at the time - had left by the time police arrived.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Quote from: Archy on March 24, 2016, 06:28:33 AM
irony crossy? ;)
Quote from: The Larch on March 23, 2016, 06:15:45 PM
Oh, the irony.

"Thanks, now GTFO" :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 23, 2016, 01:29:59 PM
"Bonafide" would've been the hat trick.

Alas, as I am far too left to be considered a Grammar Nazi, I just have to be satisfied with--

Don't turn around, uh-oh
Der Comma Czar's in town, uh-oh

as a serial comma killer.

No idea if it's correct or not, but it's getting increasingly annoying to hear the word "processes" pronounced "process-eez".  Just makes the person sound like a pretentious douche.

Also I reached out to a client today via email about kicking off a project.  By her second email her caps key got stuck and continued that way for three more emails.  Not a good sign if I'm going to have to be working with her for the next 4-6 months.  Hopefully this is just some older management type who assigns the project on someone else on her end.  I'd definitely take door #3.

derspiess

So my wife and daughter are in Argentina for three weeks and it's just me and Tommy here at the house.  Amazing how the house stays so quiet and neat/clean now.  Zero screaming, drama, etc.  With Tommy more grown up and less needy it's almost like having a roommate.