News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

My favorite brick-and-mortar music store is closing its doors. This has made me realize that I haven't bought music for myself in a physical format since 2009 (I've bought CDs and vinyls as presents for others). So it's kinda my fault.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on March 08, 2016, 10:22:57 AM

I wonder about their methodology.
At a glance I see no repeats.  Some kind of most per capita allocation for the popular shows so some states are left with rejects they don't actually like much?

Washington and Maine are the same.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on March 10, 2016, 03:09:17 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 08, 2016, 02:37:41 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 08, 2016, 01:58:44 PM
Nah, the regime they have in place is to maintain the principle of reciprocity; or as BB puts it "tit-for-tat".

I've been told it's to protect the environment and prevent smuggling.

I knew a Smuggler.  When I was a kid the old guy down the street was convicted of smuggling his wife to death with a pillow.

I laughed
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Norgy

11B4V

:lmfao: Dumbass
http://thesoutherndaily.co.za/pastor-charges-lion.html.html

Prophet Charges Lion To Prove God's Power, Nearly Killed, Saved By Game Rangers

A ZCC Prophet was nearly killed by a pride of lions in South Africa's Kruger National Park on Saturday after he charged at them to prove the strength of the holy spirit. The lions called his bluff and attacked him, almost killing me. The man was saved by alert game rangers who shot into the air to disperse the lions.

Prophet Alec Ndiwane who is based in the Pretoria Soshanguve was with fellow church members in the Kruger National Park where they were watching animals.It is believed the prophet went into a trance and started to speak in tongues. Ahead of them was a lion pride busy eating their impala.

Alec must have thought he was the biblical Samson as the prophet opened the car door and went charging towards the lions. Upon seeing the man running towards them, the lions could not believed that manna was coming straight from heaven and instead ran towards the prophet
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: celedhring on March 10, 2016, 05:06:50 PM
My favorite brick-and-mortar music store is closing its doors. This has made me realize that I haven't bought music for myself in a physical format since 2009 (I've bought CDs and vinyls as presents for others). So it's kinda my fault.

Amazon is piloting some physical bookstores in Seattle. Sometimes things come full circle.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

I spent an hour trying to figure out why гость declines into гостей and not гостев.  Answer:  The Case chart I was using was wrong. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Why are you trying to learn Russian?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 10, 2016, 11:18:10 PM
Why are you trying to learn Russian?

Rather than overcoming mental illness, he has decided to embrace it, and join a community of people with similar challenges. No part of the internet is bigger and crazier than runet.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

My office is shutting down at noon tomorrow because Obama is coming for SXSW. Thanks Obama!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

QuoteThe lions called his bluff and attacked him, almost killing me.

Big lions.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I have to work tomorrow.
They're making me come in at 9am.
It's the bad old days all over again :(
██████
██████
██████

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Tomato vs potato is interesting. Both plants are native to the Americas and they don't really fill the same niche in one's diet. Also, why not eat both?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 11, 2016, 05:51:53 AM
Tomato vs potato is interesting. Both plants are native to the Americas and they don't really fill the same niche in one's diet. Also, why not eat both?

Tomatoes need sunlight, see #4.

Also working hard correlates with emotional repression, laziness with sexual repression.