Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: 11B4V on March 07, 2016, 09:37:17 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 07, 2016, 09:30:52 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 07, 2016, 08:45:29 PM
The Bernie Mac Show was supposed to be a comedy, wasn't it?

"Supposed to": yes.

It's because it's a black show, huh?

:pinch:  Feel the Bern.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 07, 2016, 09:38:29 PM
I liked his stand up. The show...was forgettable.

:yes:  I was perfectly content during his reign as an Original King of Comedy.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on March 07, 2016, 04:52:04 PM
How is that kind of reciprocity bullshit? It seems pretty fair to me.

I'm sure it does seem fair to you.  But one would think Argentina would want to encourage, not discourage, travel from the US.  And it's not like there is a flood of Americans trying to settle in Argentina.

FWIW they do the same think to Canadians.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: 11B4V on March 07, 2016, 09:43:02 PM
:Joos

You know, I finally understand you after all these years.  I know what's going to be in your prepper cave when the time comes: two walls covered with books minutely analyzing Panzer battles on the Eastern Front; one wall with the DVD box sets of every sitcom broadcast on the WB; at least two muscle cars on blocks where the sleeping area would be; and maybe, just maybe, a few guns if you get around to it.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 07, 2016, 09:52:47 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 07, 2016, 09:43:02 PM
:Joos

You know, I finally understand you after all these years.  I know what's going to be in your prepper cave when the time comes: two walls covered with books minutely analyzing Panzer battles on the Eastern Front; one wall with the DVD box sets of every sitcom broadcast on the WB; at least two muscle cars on blocks where the sleeping area would be; and maybe, just maybe, a few guns if you get around to it.

How'd you know I have two muscle cars? :yeahright:

3 out of 4 accomplished. :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

I don't think a Plymouth Duster sitting on blocks for 5 years waiting for a new gearbox actually qualifies as a "muscle car", does it?

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 07, 2016, 10:26:36 PM
I don't think a Plymouth Duster sitting on blocks for 5 years waiting for a new gearbox actually qualifies as a "muscle car", does it?

340 Duster, my first car. :wub:

I did just finnsh converting the Mirada to  EFI. Runs so fine.

Razgovory

Man, my mom had one of those.  First car I remember.  Ran like shit.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on March 07, 2016, 10:32:40 PM

Man, my mom had one of those.  First car I remember.  Ran like shit.
V8 or the V6 "leaning tower of power" under the hood?

Liep

I found a "time manager" button on my washing machine. Finally I might add, now I no longer have to suffer 4 hour washes. Sure, the "Eco" ratings went from 8 to 3, but fuck the earth if it can half a wash to 1h50m.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

That's a long time, does it include drying?

Clothes or dishes?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Clothes, no drying. 1½ - 2 hours is pretty standard for non industrial washing machines here.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

That seems very long for just a wash time!

Mine is 4 hours for wash and dry in same unit (ugh).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.